Sox vs St Louis Covids Game 1 8/15 thread, noon start

southsider2k5

Just now, fathom said:

Makes no sense to start him in game 2. Should have been Foster again and go from there.

especially in a 7 inning game. Saw Flores out there on Roberts double so unless he’s just hanging out there he’s my guess for a start in game 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy needs a reality check.  Honestly giving him that contract looks like a mistake.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

His power is as advertised. Problem is his hit tool has been underwhelming and defense is unplayable.

How is what I said ridiculous and these posts are acceptable? 

My thoughts and Fathom's are exactly the same. 

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy needs a reality check.  Honestly giving him that contract looks like a mistake.

That contract is going to be a steal especially in the inflated contracts people are getting around the league, eloy is scuffling but there is no one there to hold him accountable....

Crazy that a team that hasn’t played a game or been together in weeks was more ready to play than the Sox. This team being flat is starting to become a theme. It’s reflective of the coaching staff and leadership. A locker room shake up is going to be needed if this continues all year

Bad game. Just tip your cap (aarg did I say that?) and move on to Game Two. This season is so crazy it's just a development year for several players. That's why I hope Madrigal gets back and we bring up Vaughn, too. Hahn has more work to do on the pitching staff. We need another Keuchel or two if we want to win it all. That ridiculous Leury injury did not help this current team at all. 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Crazy that a team that hasn’t played a game or been together in weeks was more ready to play than the Sox. This team being flat is starting to become a theme. It’s reflective of the coaching staff and leadership. A locker room shake up is going to be needed if this continues all year

Ricky will get a pass because of COVID and will continue to run this team into the ground throughout the 2021 season. 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Way too many players believing in the hype. I’m not seeing any improvement from the guys we needed to in order to contend.

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Cmon guys, this being flat stuff is cliche. We would get laughed out of the MLB clubhouses if telling MLB coaches and GMs and ballplayers our team always looks flat. You look flat when you have "some" very bad defensive players and when you are not hitting the ball.

Just now, greg775 said:

Cmon guys, this being flat stuff is cliche. We would get laughed out of the MLB clubhouses if telling MLB coaches and GMs and ballplayers our team always looks flat. You look flat when you have "some" very bad defensive players and when you are not hitting the ball.

I guess you know more than Keuchel.

• Love 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’ve seen enough of Encarnacion/Mazara for awhile. EE for sure needs to stay on the bench and we need to see more Grandal at DH w McCann behind the plate 

This was the most predictable post from the offseason