8.15.20 GT | Cards @ Sox game 2 | 3:15PM

Tnetennba

What was the point of Mazara? 

I was okay with it because I thought it was a reclamation project with a former top prospect. 

But this guy still has the same long, lazy, loopy ass swing he did in Texas. Nothing has changed with this guy. We did nothing with him. 

The only difference is that he somehow has not lifted a ball out of the ball park yet. Which he tended to do before. 

18 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Ricky needs to manage 

Yes he does. 

Bloop single that should have been caught to start the inning, hit batter, wild pitch. Tough to out manage shit performances

Just now, Richie said:

What was the point of Mazara? 

I was okay with it because I thought it was a reclamation project with a former top prospect. 

But this guy still has the same long, lazy, loopy ass swing he did in Texas. Nothing has changed with this guy. We did nothing with him. 

The only difference is that he somehow has not lifted a ball out of the ball park yet. Which he tended to do before. 

Plus he is obviously a pretty lousy outfielder

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s just comical.  Cubs knew he wasn’t the guy to take the next step, yet the Sox do.  

It’s clear RR isn’t the man they need to take the next step.  But he’ll get the injury and weird season cover this winter. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I would honestly rather have RON as the manager at this point.    And at least WBWSF is passionate about White Sox baseball, and cares enough to repetitively state the same claims on a consistent, albeit delusional basis.   What I'd love to see are those responses he did receive from JR before he started having his CV/resume/"I'm the NIU Huskies version of Theo Epstein, it would be idiotic to miss this opportunity to bring me on board with baseball ops."

I'm fairly confident I would be a better manager than Ricky, and I am dead serious. 

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

And keeping a statue in right field when you have a lead late is pathetic

Still should have been caught, it was well within the skills of at least two of the three players involved. 

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm fairly confident I would be a better manager than Ricky, and I am dead serious. 

Plus you've won Poster of the Day on roughly 15 occasions, further bonafides if ever there was a credible case to be made.

Well, I've only been arguing for about....well, let's see, 15 years that Rick Hahn was in over his head.

It will be nice if the loyalists out there finally realize the emperor has no clothes, but he sure talks a great game.

Just now, Texsox said:

Still should have been caught, it was well within the skills of at least two of the three players involved. 

Mazara is awful defensively and Engel is great. Ricky made the choice to keep Mazara in the game when they were winning late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The crazy thing is that you're not wrong. Today is a great example of why we need a real manager. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Yes he does. 

Bloop single that should have been caught to start the inning, hit batter, wild pitch. Tough to out manage shit performances

That was hardly a bloop single.  Adam engel catches that.  That's the point he should have been in the game. 

Just now, fathom said:

Mazara is awful defensively and Engel is great. Ricky made the choice to keep Mazara in the game when they were winning late. 

Maddon WOULD NEVER in a million years make those simple mistakes in the heart of his managing with the Rays and Cubs, before losing a bit of focus the last couple of seasons.