8.15.20 GT | Cards @ Sox game 2 | 3:15PM

Tnetennba

13 minutes ago, Saufley said:

IF management doesn't do something tonight, after the disgrace this afternoon, they never will!

I doubt Hahn would have a meeting with RR & staff as to not interfere, but what they are doing isn’t working.  Another team meeting isn’t solving anything either.  The jolt of a firing is needed but I am not going to hold my breath...

28 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We need a shakeup.  New Manager...New Lineup...New Owner.  I don't care what...just something.  This is getting unwatchable.  The Cards looked a lot more ready to play these games than we did.

New cardboard fans please

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They are a superior organization.  It's sad this team can't stay over .500 for an extended time.  As other announcers have said this is a free swinging line up.  There are times I look forward to Engel or Mendick at the plate instead of the studs,  Plus it doesn't help when your ace gives up 4 runs.

Why throw strikes to these guys. Everyone knows it. 

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

New cardboard fans please

Those cost money.  Gotta think of something that doesn't cost anything.  Think more along the lines of trading someone for cash considerations.  That's the type of move the Sox excel at.

Edited by soulfly
Typo
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

You know things are bad if Adam Engel is your hope.

Can not argue with the facts.  Adam Engel has contributed far more to this season than EE.  I would hate to see Adam go elsewhere far more than EE.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Can not argue with the facts.  Adam Engel has contributed far more to this season than EE.  I would hate to see Adam go elsewhere far more than EE.

If Engel was inserted in RF when the Sox were up 3-1 in game 2 we might be talking about a split of the DH imho.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not sure  he's even going to do that. Maybe .245-.265 with 35+ bombs and a few walks here and there. 

What makes you think Eloy doesn't have the potential to be an elite hitter? So far he has had about a year of major league experience. He raked the final month last year, started hot this season, went into a brief slump but then started hitting the ball hard again in Detroit, had a bad game against the Cardinals and now we are giving up on his potential? 

6 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

What makes you think Eloy doesn't have the potential to be an elite hitter? So far he has had about a year of major league experience. He raked the final month last year, started hot this season, went into a brief slump but then started hitting the ball hard again in Detroit, had a bad game against the Cardinals and now we are giving up on his potential? 

He doesn't walk and swings at too much crap. Just like the rest of the team. 

13 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yes, Engel has contributed more. But that isn't saying much. EE looks like another veteran that was signed a year too late.

56 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He doesn't walk and swings at too much crap. Just like the rest of the team. 

Last year Anderson turned into  very good hitter. That was his 4th year  at age 26. Eloy is in his 2nd year at 23. I think he will need a couple of more years before we can see how he develops.