Sox just lost most embarrasing DH in 120 years of MLB

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

More and more I'm starting to think this group of player doesn't need a nice guy as manager. They need a task master, a drill sergeant , someone to demand the best from them. We all love Jimenez potential but he's getting a rep as this happy go lucky idiot. I'd love to see him get pissed off, show some competitive fire. Not an out of control fire but a slow intense flame that drives you ,  consumes your competitive soul. Maybe AJP is the guy for this team.

Dunno about AJP being a manager. Why would he want it?

That aside, i think you may be right that this team needs discipline. I also think the lineup needs a shakeup. I get that Grandal's contract means that he should get first crack at starting. But then I look at his 80 OPS+ vs McCann's 176, and I wonder why 1/3 into the season why Grandal doesn't grab some bench, for example. I wonder why Abreu doesn't get a day off. And I wonder why EE's 37 OPS+ continues to get rolled out there.

Or at a minimum, why these guys don't get moved down in the order, to get their attention. Or why Eloy doesnt get a day off after acting like a clown in LF.

Who knows. But I'm right back where I usually am each season, wanting everyone fired.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

More and more I'm starting to think this group of player doesn't need a nice guy as manager. They need a task master, a drill sergeant , someone to demand the best from them. We all love Jimenez potential but he's getting a rep as this happy go lucky idiot. I'd love to see him get pissed off, show some competitive fire. Not an out of control fire but a slow intense flame that drives you ,  consumes your competitive soul. Maybe AJP is the guy for this team.

I agree with you 100%, and you can add moncada, mazara, and mostly the whole team, they play with 0/ zero emotion, with the  talent they have it is embarrassing the quality of Baseball they play day in and day out. I was so looking forward to this team and i am amazed with just how stupid they play as a total team, a tough and smart manager and complete change in coaches is what they must have to move forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Dunno about AJP being a manager. Why would he want it?

That aside, i think you may be right that this team needs discipline. I also think the lineup needs a shakeup. I get that Grandal's contract means that he should get first crack at starting. But then I look at his 80 OPS+ vs McCann's 176, and I wonder why 1/3 into the season why Grandal doesn't grab some bench, for example. I wonder why Abreu doesn't get a day off. And I wonder why EE's 37 OPS+ continues to get rolled out there.

Or at a minimum, why these guys don't get moved down in the order, to get their attention. Or why Eloy doesnt get a day off after acting like a clown in LF.

Who knows. But I'm right back where I usually am each season, wanting everyone fired.

Yep we're right back to the accountability issue. Do what you're paid to do or suffer the consequences

And that isnt a hard line stance either. If you aren't performing up to expected performance then you get get your ass moved around.

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Drake La Roche?

• Haha 3

It was a bad day but young teams tend to look really bad at times. Give it a few days and they probably get hot again, It would be nice if the offense was a bit more consistent but the Sox have a ton of hackers. Their 2 guys who do usually work counts the best are struggling in Grandal and EE. That will change, and maybe the young guys will pick up on their approach.

It is really hard to come to conclusions   now, and probably not after 60 games if they make it that far. If last season was the 60 game pandemic season, Nelson Cruz could probably have been had in the offseason on a minor league comtract.

All that said, it would be nice if this offense became dynamic and was able to sustain it for more than a couple games at a time.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

Six hits combined for two games.  Not going to win many games with that offensive output.  The lineup needs a shakeup desperately.             

Honestly, I'd like to see a management shakeup! But, if there are no changes made now and this team continues to disappoint then there should be full scale changes at the end of the season. Who is going to want to go through this again next year?

13 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

If this team fails to make the postseason, I prefer to fire everyfvkcingbody from KW down to the clubbies, then doing a thorough search for the best possible team president to rebuild the entire organization from the ground up.

Would first need to have KW surgically removed from JR's lap.

Edited by JoeBatadatz
Formatting

1 minute ago, JoeBatadatz said:

p

It is very rare to clear out an entire organization. I could see one of RR or Hahn or Kenny  go after this season if it turns sour again. Odds probably in that order due to loyalty  

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

It is very rare to clear out an entire organization. I could see one of RR or Hahn or Kenny  go after this season if it turns sour again. Odds probably in that order due to loyalty  

Neither KW nor RH is going anywhere as long as JR is the owner.  RR is our best hope.  I am normally not a fire everyone guy...but a shakeup is needed.  Game after game feels like a lack of urgency.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Neither KW nor RH is going anywhere as long as JR is the owner.  RR is our best hope.  I am normally not a fire everyone guy...but a shakeup is needed.  Game after game feels like a lack of urgency.

True but RR is a bandaid and the organization probably needs surgery. Changing the coaching staff as well as RR might have an impact. 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It was a bad day but young teams tend to look really bad at times. Give it a few days and they probably get hot again, It would be nice if the offense was a bit more consistent but the Sox have a ton of hackers. Their 2 guys who do usually work counts the best are struggling in Grandal and EE. That will change, and maybe the young guys will pick up on their approach.

This is the right take. We have to accept fact that the Sox as he said have a ton of hackers. And the rest he said, too. No need to panic especially with all the injuries.

19 hours ago, chisoxt said:

They’re not just a bad team but a bad organization that up against Cleveland and Minnesota will never win because Reinsdorf refuse to make the necessary Structual changes in the front office. There is a lot of talent on the roster but it is vulnerable to right handed pitching and plagued consistently by a rotten defense. And they have terrible luck with free agents in part because they always reach for the middle shelf for players that seem to be on the downside of their careers. 

Excellent.

19 hours ago, fathom said:

Another cooking analogy.  He doesn’t have a competitive bone in his body. Just a high-paid babysitter.

That's all he was on Clark and Addison too.  St. Theo knew there was going to come a time. Ironically, managers don't last long there either. 

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It is really hard to come to conclusions   now, and probably not after 60 games if they make it that far. If last season was the 60 game pandemic season, Nelson Cruz could probably have been had in the offseason on a minor league comtract.

All that said, it would be nice if this offense became dynamic and was able to sustain it for more than a couple games at a time.

No doubt. Young teams go through this. Teams that rely on power do this. Hopefully they learn and grow.

22 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Abreu loves playing with zero pressure. He doesn't like the pressure Keuchel put on him to win. It's pathetic. The guy has never been on a winning team and it doesn't seem like he cares to be on one. He just wants to be the "leader" of the team, joking around and having a jolly old time on the field while having zero expectations.

I've heard some insiders say that is an organization thing.  Plenty of players like it here.