Sox just lost most embarrasing DH in 120 years of MLB

Buehrle>Wood

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I've heard some insiders say that is an organization thing.  Plenty of players like it here.

Abreu has been here the longest. He's the ringleader of the culture. He didn't like Keuchel coming in here and telling the team to start taking things seriously. 

12 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It was a bad day but young teams tend to look really bad at times. Give it a few days and they probably get hot again, It would be nice if the offense was a bit more consistent but the Sox have a ton of hackers. Their 2 guys who do usually work counts the best are struggling in Grandal and EE. That will change, and maybe the young guys will pick up on their approach.

It is really hard to come to conclusions   now, and probably not after 60 games if they make it that far. If last season was the 60 game pandemic season, Nelson Cruz could probably have been had in the offseason on a minor league comtract.

All that said, it would be nice if this offense became dynamic and was able to sustain it for more than a couple games at a time.

No it isn't. Just come to your conclusion based off whatever sample size you have. If it is small, so be it. I don't want to wait over 60 freaking games to jump to a conclusion. 

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Abreu has been here the longest. He's the ringleader of the culture. He didn't like Keuchel coming in here and telling the team to start taking things seriously. 

What is your problem Yearnin. Now you are after Abreu again. Can't you be a fan? He's signed for several years. He's not going anywhere. What is your problem? Your take is completely off base. How do you know how he thinks about things. Let the guy play. He hit a bullet for a HR today. He's a good ballplayer; sorry he's not a Top Ten player in the league. Not everybody can be one of the best 10 players in the league. He's a fricking good baseball player who even tries to get better in the offseason, see his good defense this year.

Give JOSE A BREAK please.

9 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

lol, watch your mental gymnastics with Abreu is entertaining.  What will you blame him for next?  Black Sox?  Sportsvision?  Trading Tatis?  Corona virus?

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

What is your problem Yearnin. Now you are after Abreu again. Can't you be a fan? He's signed for several years. He's not going anywhere. What is your problem? Your take is completely off base. How do you know how he thinks about things. Let the guy play. He hit a bullet for a HR today. He's a good ballplayer; sorry he's not a Top Ten player in the league. Not everybody can be one of the best 10 players in the league. He's a fricking good baseball player who even tries to get better in the offseason, see his good defense this year.

Give JOSE A BREAK please.

And then there is Brittany.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Please tell me that famon is some sort of pun that I am too dumb to understand. 

Johnny Famon?

Man I was looking at that last night pretty stoned and decided since spell checker in my browser didn't care it was OK.  Clearly I was famished at that point.  Go Sox.  More feasts.

Saturday was bad but in my years of following a team here are my rules:

- Any time the opposing team is supposed to have a huge disadvantage due to either a) extended layoff or b) coming off some quadruple overtime they will always win*

- People who say "it's really hard to sweep a doubleheader" is only partially true. It's hard to sweep a double header, but it's easy to get swept in one**

*unless its your team that was at the disadvantage

**only applies to white sox

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Both things can be true.  It was a horrible no good doubleheader ant it wasn't indicative of anything other than a bad day at the office.  I don't see the point in this rash of "gotcha" posts tonight.  Nobody saw this incredible and historic run coming - and if you did enjoy your winnings on the Sox and get your jollies from that green, not friendly fire on fellow fans venting frustration after losing basically 5 games in one day in listless, sloppy fashion that the vet Dallas felt compelled to publicly call out as well.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Both things can be true.  It was a horrible no good doubleheader ant it wasn't indicative of anything other than a bad day at the office.  I don't see the point in this rash of "gotcha" posts tonight.  Nobody saw this incredible and historic run coming - and if you did enjoy your winnings on the Sox and get your jollies from that green, not friendly fire on fellow fans venting frustration after losing basically 5 games in one day in listless, sloppy fashion that the vet Dallas felt compelled to publicly call out as well.

Today’s win proves that the Sox will win the World Series this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

FWIW this wasn’t intended as a gotcha bump. Though, there are some pretty bad posts on Abreu in here.

Was more shocked that it was just 1 month ago we had this horrible DH, fell to one game under, then we ended up first team to clinch playoffs and are sitting with best record in AL for now.

What they did starting with the 4 hr game was incredible

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

200 (2).gif

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lol chill, its not a gotcha.  I was pissed as hell when they got swpt in that DH, and Ill probably b**** just as badly if/when they get eliminated in the post season.