Sox just lost most embarrasing DH in 120 years of MLB

Buehrle>Wood

"That's just the game of baseball, folks."   Predictably will be uttered post-game by RR.

"Don't know what happened with the pen today, we have a lot of faith in our guys coming through, didn't get 'er done.   Need to get on the road and bounce back quickly tomorrow."

Oh, and we still haven't even faced their far and away BEST pitcher in Jack Flaherty, Giolito's high school teammate at Harvard Westlake.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I missed the second half of game two, but this team doesn't deserve to be a playoff team.  I still think they'll get hot at some point, but the measure for error is shrinking by the day and I still don't see a sense of urgency from the coaching staff or players.

are they really that much better than they were first half of last year?

1 minute ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

YES Abreu is part of the problem.  We signed him thinking/ hoping he could be the “Big Papi” for these young WSOX players.   Instead hes setting an example swinging at a bad 3-0 pitch and grounding out meekly to the pitcher.   

You don't think David Ortiz ever did that? Abreu isn't the problem.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Did Abreu really say Keuchel's speech was unnecessary?

Abreu loves playing with zero pressure. He doesn't like the pressure Keuchel put on him to win. It's pathetic. The guy has never been on a winning team and it doesn't seem like he cares to be on one. He just wants to be the "leader" of the team, joking around and having a jolly old time on the field while having zero expectations.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I missed the second half of game two, but this team doesn't deserve to be a playoff team.  I still think they'll get hot at some point, but the measure for error is shrinking by the day and I still don't see a sense of urgency from the coaching staff or players.

They’re not just a bad team but a bad organization that up against Cleveland and Minnesota will never win because Reinsdorf refuse to make the necessary Structual changes in the front office. There is a lot of talent on the roster but it is vulnerable to right handed pitching and plagued consistently by a rotten defense. And they have terrible luck with free agents in part because they always reach for the middle shelf for players that seem to be on the downside of their careers. 

Edited by chisoxt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Ricky is going to ride Grandal and his sub .290 SLG% hitting 3-4 the rest of the season, as if he's got 140 games left to turn it around. 

The sense of urgency is so aggravating. 

1000% Hahn will BS us this next off-season using the COVID shortened season as his and Ricky's crutch on why we shouldn't judge the team by this season's results. 

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Ricky is going to ride Grandal and his sub .290 SLG% hitting 3-4 the rest of the season, as if he's got 140 games left to turn it around. 

The sense of urgency is so aggravating. 

1000% Hahn will BS us this next off-season using the COVID shortened season as his and Ricky's crutch on why we shouldn't judge the team by this season's results. 

If the Sox miss the playoffs in a season when 8 teams in the AL qualify, Hahn should be fired. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3
  • Love 1