8-16 GT: Cardinals at Sox

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes I know. I never liked that downward pointing arrow from the get go. Now they stick it on the mound pointing to where HRs go.

Lol - well, at the very least, at the angle it’s on, it doesn’t look like it’s pointing straight down like it usually does.  More annoying is just the slow creep of advertising onto the playing field 

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

Lol - well, at the very least, at the angle it’s on, it doesn’t look like it’s pointing straight down like it usually does.  More annoying is just the slow creep of advertising onto the playing field 

Many teams have ads- and bigger ads, at that- on the field. So what? In 5 years or less, there will be ads on jerseys similarly to soccer and basketball. 

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He recognizes nothing. Shortly he'll post a reply, realize it's shortcomings, edit it and then later apologize for comparing a guy 140 games into his career to a great DH... a day after comparing him to Delmon Young... and shockingly retracting that statement just a few minutes after

Yeah because I thought Delmon Young was a consistent 25 HR guy with a .250 avg and and an OBP around .300-.310. That's my mistake. I wasn't selling Eloy short I thought Young was better than he was. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

Great, we're not quite on a straight downward trend...it's slightly skewed.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Many teams have ads- and bigger ads, at that- on the field. So what? In 5 years or less, there will be ads on jerseys similarly to soccer and basketball. 

Sure, but baseball has always been the most traditional sport about NOT allowing that, compared to NBA, NFL, NASCAR, NHL, world futbol, etc.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Said it before, ALOT of posters are gonna be eating crow on Keuchel. 

Still doesn't profile well in the playoffs. Like Buehrle he's either going to be great or get murdered in the postseason. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Still doesn't profile well in the playoffs. Like Buehrle he's either going to be great or get murdered in the Postseason. 

Let's just for once, as White Sox fans, worry about ACTUALLY QUALIFYING or potential pitching match-ups FOR THE DAMN PLAYOFFS...maybe FIRST???

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did they seriously put a red arrow pointing out to the stands on the mound ?

I just checked on the mlb app, and Miami, Houston, Blue Jays, Minnesota and the Cubs all have advertising on the mound. The Cubs also have advertisements painted in the grass between the dugouts and 1st and 3rd baselines. Someone the Sox played earlier this season had a logo on the mound, too.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Still doesn't profile well in the playoffs. Like Buehrle he's either going to be great or get murdered in the postseason. 

I’m pretty sure just about any other starter outside of Keuchel on this team is gonna get murdered in the post season if they pitch like they have been 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Keuchel completely  shut down the Twins. Are you still arguing that Kyle Hendricks is bad and has been getting lucky for 6 years? 😂

• Like 2