8-16 GT: Cardinals at Sox

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Gee, WHERE exactly have we heard that for approximately the last 6 months?  I wonder...but what's the connection with Jose Abreu, Cuban beisbol player, exactly?    

You know when someone tries too hard to be funny and flops?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Having a cheap ass mortgage company paint a red down arrow all over the park is just so White Sox.

Are we really THAT desperate for advertising revenue, Company Man Brooks Boyer?    I mean, have some self-respect.   How many franchises in baseball would permit THAT?

The Mariners?   Marlins?   Pirates?    Royals?   Orioles?   Tigers?

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Now y'all are getting hurt feels over advertising? I think some people need to get outside  or something. Find a new hobby maybe.

It might have been during your hiatus but we talked it to death, and rightfully so, it's a horrible look.  Find a new fucking sponsor.

9 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Only a low IQ would lead anybody to call Eloy Jimenez a “bust” at this point in his career.  SMH

Is Eloy a bust at this point? Absolutely not. Carson Fulmer is a bust. Is he a disappointment? Yes. There is a difference. Eloy is definitely an MLB player. I'm disappointed in the hit tool and the plate discipline. Power is legit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You know when someone tries too hard to be funny and flops?

Gee, and it's so clever, because JOSE is, you guessed it, Spanish for Joe/Joseph.

(And next we'll have a rousing discussion of immigration and comparisons with US and Cuban health care policy and drug pricing, surely.)

As long as he doesn't start quoting from Camp of the Saints in a Game Thread, that's my red line.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It might have been during your hiatus but we talked it to death, and rightfully so, it's a horrible look.  Find a new fucking sponsor.

THIS.   Especially for a team up and coming with high/er expectations than any season since 2013 arguably.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Is Eloy a bust at this point? Absolutely not. Carson Fulmer is a bust. Is he a disappointment? Yes. There is a difference. Eloy is definitely an MLB player. I'm disappointed in the hit tool and the plate discipline. 

Eloy is young, you shouldn’t be disappointed. Not everyone comes on the scene immediately and yet once again I do not think he’s even played a full season of games yet. 

• Like 2