Sox call up Luis Gonzalez

soxfan49

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thinking it over, I suppose they could have also sent down a RP.

Hoping it's this. It has always been weird that the only bench player capable of playing OF is Engel. If you use him as a pinch-runner or you start him, you lose a lot of flexibility.

Renteria said the other day that Goins is the next outfielder if needed, but I really hope it doesn't come to that. If it wasn't for him, Lopez's CG one-hitter in Cleveland last year is a no-hitter.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Hoping it's this. It has always been weird that the only bench player capable of playing OF is Engel. If you use him as a pinch-runner or you start him, you lose a lot of flexibility.

Renteria said the other day that Goins is the next outfielder if needed, but I really hope it doesn't come to that. If it wasn't for him, Lopez's CG one-hitter in Cleveland last year is a no-hitter.

Well, besides Leury until he got hurt.

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah Leury was a swing man there, but now the roster balance is different without him.  After thinking about it, if isn't a new injury, I am going to guess Jose Ruiz goes back to Schamburg.

Could be wrong, but didn’t we have an open roster spot? Looking at the transaction page- both Luery and Hamilton went on the DL and Flores and Cuthbert were brought up...but we got an extra spot because of the double header so once Flores was sent back down there was an open spot. Maybe?

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Could be wrong, but didn’t we have an open roster spot? Looking at the transaction page- both Luery and Hamilton went on the DL and Flores and Cuthbert were brought up...but we got an extra spot because of the double header so once Flores was sent back down there was an open spot. Maybe?

No, the extra spot is due to the double header. That’s why Flores was sent back down after those games. Someone needs to be DFA or sent down. 

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

No, the extra spot is due to the double header. That’s why Flores was sent back down after those games. Someone needs to be DFA or sent down. 

Right, but going by the transaction page on the White Sox website it doesn’t appear we ever had 29? Luery and Hamilton went on the DL on the 15th...Cuthbert and Flores are the only additions after that and Flores got sent back down yesterday. I very easily could be missing something though. 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Right, but going by the transaction page on the White Sox website it doesn’t appear we ever had 29? Luery and Hamilton went on the DL on the 15th...Cuthbert and Flores are the only additions after that and Flores got sent back down yesterday. I very easily could be missing something though. 

Ruiz came up during that time as well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ruiz came up during that time as well.

He was brought up when Anderson was DFA’d

But I see my error...Luery was actually put on the DL on the 11th and TA was activated. I was counting Luery going to the 45 DL as a separate move when it didn’t have any affect on the active roster. Flores was indeed brought up and sent down as the 29th man. 

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Also, Leury was placed on the IL before the 15th. The 15th is just when he was transferred to the 45-day version

As he just pointed out, thanks 

18 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Timmy was corresponding move for Leury.