8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Grandal and Robert should be switched but whatever, keep batting arguably our best player right now 7th.  Also, the big trade acquisition (half assed one) batting 8th, our stud RF, just cracks me up.  So many Hahn half measures in RF man.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Grandal and Robert should be switched but whatever, keep batting arguably our best player right now 7th.  Also, the big trade acquisition (half assed one) batting 8th, our stud RF, just cracks me up.  So many Hahn half measures in RF man.

He was basically always pegged to hit 8th, no?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Our lineup is theoretically stacked, so not sure why anyone would expect him to bat higher.

I mean if he's going to bat 8th in a "stacked lineup" it kinda calls into question trading for an all offense (in theory, in practice: yikes) RF.

Anyways, go Sox!

I mean if he's going to bat 8th in a "stacked lineup" it kinda calls into question trading for an all offense (in theory, in practice: yikes) RF.

Anyways, go Sox!

I totally get the fit argument and while I wasn’t a fan of the acquisition, him batting higher than 8th means he’s blown up or things have gone horribly wrong with Abrue or EE.  Either way, let’s hope he wakes up soon, because he’s more or less useful if he’s not hitting hitting some bombs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not a fan of Yoan and Grandal back to back against a LHP

McCann needs to play against lefties . Sorry EE  but can't wait for you to get it together forever. Need wins. Go with the hot guy . Also Robert should be ahead of EE. Show some damm urgency instead of this veteran preference BS.

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

McCann needs to play against lefties . Sorry EE  but can't wait for you to get it together forever. Need wins. Go with the hot guy . Also Robert should be ahead of EE. Show some damm urgency instead of this veteran preference BS.

Obviously McCann isn't highly thought of by the people running the White Sox. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded before the season ended.

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

It's absolutely insane that McCann isn't in the lineup. He is sporting a 1.010 OPS currently, and a 1.443 OPS against lefties. Yes, small sample size, but he still needs to play against a lefty.

Maybe Ricky doesn’t realize Boyd is a lefty?  It wouldn’t be the first time this year Renteria got a pitcher’s handedness wrong.  I still don’t get how you don’t adjust your lineup at all when facing a lefty.  Maybe it’s not a huge deal, but it just reeks of laziness and a lack of strategic thinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe Ricky doesn’t realize Boyd is a lefty?  It wouldn’t be the first time this year Renteria got a pitcher’s handedness wrong.  I still don’t get how you don’t adjust your lineup at all when facing a lefty.  Maybe it’s not a huge deal, but it just reeks of laziness and a lack of strategic thinking.

I don't think you'll ever hear anyone who knows Renteria call him lazy. 

The Sox have done James wrong.  There's no way he's a) content right now and b) going to re-sign here unless we beat everybody else by 20%, which isn't happening.  We had some concerns that Renteria wouldn't be able to properly use what is on paper a poorly balanced roster and they are panning out.

The Sox have done James wrong.  There's no way he's a) content right now and b) going to re-sign here unless we beat everybody else by 20%, which isn't happening.  We had some concerns that Renteria wouldn't be able to properly use what is on paper a poorly balanced roster and they are panning out.

Not that I necessarily disagree because of the way he is hitting right now. However, overall this is a great deal of complaining (not you but everyone) about a player who has a lifetime OPS under .690. If the Sox passed up on Grandal to sign McCann this board would have exploded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Mazara needed to be worked with as a project. Shorten his swing and don't pull the ball. Or just ignore him. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Not that I necessarily disagree because of the way he is hitting right now. However, overall this is a great deal of complaining (not you but everyone) about a player who has a lifetime OPS under .690. If the Sox passed up on Grandal to sign McCann this board would have exploded.

Well James' bat, at least against LHP, is legit imo.  His swing and approach are just better now.  He proved in September last year he wasn't going to let himself just fall into his old bad habits again.  He's continued to shorten his swing and take a patient approach this year.  It's too bad because it looks like another self scouting failure by Chicago.  They should have locked him for a few years on a team friendly deal, and he probably would have taken a bit of a discount for a 3 year deal last offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Actually, I would switch Abreu and EE. Then I'd switch Robert and EE. 

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

James isn't re-signing here unless we trade Grandal. He isn't staying here to DH or be a backup catcher when some team will pay him to start. 

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In the stat age, I would assume every team has a stat guru in the front office. Terry Franacona's book detailed how managers are provided with individual game stats before every game so the manager knows things like  this righty hits this righty  better than this lefty does.  Either Hahn doesn't utilize individual game scouting or RR is making all the decisions.   

30 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Grandal at DH and McCann catching is better for today's lineup and that is not open for debate.  After the game there could be a debate but EE and Mazara are doing nothing nor have either ever done anything for the White Sox to warrant blind faith in them.   Sucks on Engel.