8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The dreaded, "day to day" injury?  Any reason to think it could end up being worse?

supposedly he has had a foot injury lingering as well...which actually makes sense on some of his tendencies lately. Give him a few days off for the long run, McCann is here for this very reason. 

9 minutes ago, flavum said:

In a way, I feel bad for the guy. New team, was doing well in March, season on hold, gets Covid or Strep, works out with minor leaguers in suburban Chicago, and then he’s gotta come up and get it done now! Now, that’s part of the game, and the game can be cruel, but I feel under normal circumstances, he could have had a productive season. Now it’s looking like one and done in Chicago.

To be fair, he's batting right behind our rookie phenom that is a highlight reel every time he steps on the field, an All-Star catcher, the guy who hit the 2nd most home runs in the last decade, the sophomore slugger, the team leader, the star third baseman, and a batting champion.

Like, the lineup is hypothetically stacked when it's hitting on all cylinders. There's no shame in where he's hitting right now.

• Thanks 1

Not a bad lineup but FFS Mazara ahead of Engel right now against a LHP is DUMB.  Actually I take that back, keep Mazara away from the top of the order at least Mendick has a chance to get on.  Alright Renteria you stumbled into a fairly optimized lineup.

EfuXoK7XoAcAE7r?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not a bad lineup but FFS Mazara ahead of Engel right now against a LHP is DUMB.  Actually I take that back, keep Mazara away from the top of the order at least Mendick has a chance to get on.  Alright Renteria you stumbled into a fairly optimized lineup.

Engel is on the IL

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Engel was exposed to Covid and put on the IL when they called up Luis Gonzalez. 

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

LFG!  I nominate this for TAs walkup music.  Shit is fire man.  Whatever you think of Drake this dude can make head nodders.

I never expected to hear Durkio on a Drake song. He's made it. I expect some King Von walk-up music at some point with how often they are together lately.