8-19 GT: Tigers @ Sox

18 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Imagine being a top 5 player in the game and having a borderline replacement level player like Hosmer telling you how to play the game.  

Not saying this is the case here because I have no problem with what he did other than ignoring the coach, but you can't equate talent with with knowledge of the game 

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

LuBob is Top 5 worst nicknames.

Top 1 when you realize the alternative and preferred nickname by the player is La Pantera, which is cool.

Too bad he stole it from Sosa. But I still think it's a great one.

30 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Too bad he stole it from Sosa. But I still think it's a great one.

Sosa now looks like Bela Lugosi or Ed Wood with all that harsh whitening skin foundation/bleaching.   He's gone from a panther to the equivalent of a tree sloth. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well, I see your point. The problem with Ricky is that there are too many bad moments for him. A shitty AAA player can come up and bat .230 for a team and hit home runs. See Palka and Delmomico. The thing is, the bad moments outweigh the good, especially when compared to the average player. 

I see that too.  I don’t think Ricky makes the best decisions always but he’s got his guys’ backs.  

And ultimately we have 13 good moments and 11 bad moments currently 😁

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Didn't Leury sign an extension for an additional season last offseason?

Yes, id previously thought he was a FA after this year but hes got a 3.5M option. 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, today is the third game of four against the Tigers and the Sox have a chance to take the series with a win today.  The Sox have won three straight and have vaulted themselves to the 7th playoff spot, sitting 1.5 game behind the Indians for 2nd place in the Central.  With a series against a tough Cubs team this weekend, we can’t afford to take our feet off the neck of a weak Tigers’ club yet.  We need to keep beating up these bottom dwellers and building ourselves a little cushion.

Today’s pitching matchup should be a fascinating one.  Two well regarded pitching prospects are finally making their major league debuts.  For the Sox that would be Dane Dunning, a former top 100 prospect (before TJS) who was outstanding in the minors.  While he doesn’t have elite fastball velocity, his combination of pitchability, a diverse set of quality offerings, & a bulldog mentality creates a pitcher who is far greater than the sum of their individual parts.  IMO, he has a real chance of becoming a legit #3 starter in the majors.  As for the Tigers, they will be starting right-handed Casey Mize, the 1st overall pick of the 2018 draft and consensus top 20 overall prospect.  Mize is a kid with real “ace” upside, throwing four above average pitches and actually being able to command all of them.  His main weapon is a 70 grade splitter that Jim Callis once referred to as “one of the most devastating pitches in baseball”.  Let’s hope the Sox have done their homework on him, as I can see both his splitter & slider poising real challenges for us.

Again, today should be a fun one.  With Robert likely out, we should see Luis Gonzalez’ first major league start.  He had himself a memorable major league debut last night that included a missed catch, an outfield assist, a HBP, a mini base-running blunder, and a run scored.  Can he top himself tonight?  We shall see, but we could definitely use an unsung hero tonight against what could be a tough pitcher for our RH bats.

Let’s fucking go boys!!!!

I vote for you to do the pre-game write-up for every game.  This was really well written and immediately got the energy level up for this game.  Well done, and thank you for that.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Collins is not a plus defensive catcher but I don't get where everyone got the idea that you can't even put him back there. I've watched every inning of him behind the plate in MLB (plus a bunch of AAA games) and I don't see how he's unplayable. Not sure about his game calling but his framing and overall skills back there aren't much of a drop-off from McCann

The hate Collins’ defense gets on this board is well beyond rationale.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic