8-19 GT: Tigers @ Sox

46 minutes ago, flavum said:

When you wear a microphone, the first rule is assume it’s always open. He messed up.

These types of mistakes amaze me. Once you go on the air for a game you have to turn on your announcer persona and just not even consider a cuss word or slur word. What is he talking about anyway? He seemed to be referring to Kansas City. If we weren't in cancel culture I'd suspend him a month and bring him back, but the way things are now, he's done. He will never work a sporting event again.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Hawk Harrelson can go his entire career without uttering a slur into his mic, anyone should be capable of doing so. No excuses!

I recall Drysdale on the air in 83 with Hawk remarking when LaRussa went out to get a pitcher:

" Go get 'em dago ! "   Pretty outrageous but  he didn't lose his job. He would have if that happened now.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Hawk Harrelson can go his entire career without uttering a slur into his mic, anyone should be capable of doing so. No excuses!

I actually find this take really triggering. Sure Hawk is clearly a southern guy and has his drawl but he has never even hinted or whistled at a racist remark. Dudes a good guy all i'm saying...

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I actually find this take really triggering. Sure Hawk is clearly a southern guy and has his drawl but he has never even hinted or whistled at a racist remark. Dudes a good guy all i'm saying...

If you've ever heard Hawk pronounce or talk about Japanese baseball players, whom he referred to as "naturally sneaky" on the air, I think it's safe to say that while he may be a decent guy, he's probably had his fair share of runs ins with offensive comments in his life. Just as most of our grandfathers have lol

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic