8-19 GT: Tigers @ Sox

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Activated half an hour ago

Guy was put on the IL like 2 days ago because of COVID concerns; how the hell have they proven in two days that he wasn't infected? It can take up to a week or two lol. This just screams "we were doing the right thing but now Robert is down and we don't want to start Gonzalez."

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, WilliamTell said:

Shouldn't McCann or Grandal be catching Dunning in his debut? Maybe Collins has caught him in the minors? Either way I'd prefer a veteran catcher. 

This has been said ad nauseam in this thread, but Grandal's back is acting up and the Sox play a day game tomorrow with Giolito on the mound. The Sox would prefer McCann catch Giolito I am guessing; given Collins' history catching Dunning.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy was put on the IL like 2 days ago because of COVID concerns; how the hell have they proven in two days that he wasn't infected? It can take up to a week or two lol. This just screams "we were doing the right thing but now Robert is down and we don't want to start Gonzalez."

I'd imagine they're at "2 negative tests since exposure". 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd imagine they're at "2 negative tests since exposure". 

but he never once tested positive. doesn't make a lot of sense to put a guy on the IL for precautionary reasons because of coming in contact, and then remove him from there before the incubation period even ends.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Can't believe I am going to say this but I am glad Engel is back. Hope Robert is okay by Friday

Probably good news they made the transactions already today. As we’ve seen so often this year, the transactions were announced later in the day as they awaited results.

37 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s amazing how any controversial happening or loss is a total indictment of Ricky, but any wins or personal growth people STFU or fish around for ways it happened DESPITE Ricky.  

Let the hate flow through you!

Welcome to Soxtalk! You'll find that everyone on this site is purely objective and has no emotional mood swing or overreactions.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

but he never once tested positive. doesn't make a lot of sense to put a guy on the IL for precautionary reasons because of coming in contact, and then remove him from there before the incubation period even ends.

Maybe he was wearing a mask when he came into contact but just thought it prudent to tell the club.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But we don't know that the incubation period hasn't ended. If it was last Wednesday he was exposed to a person, the person tested positive on Saturday, it's been a week since his exposure.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've never seen something like it in my life to be honest. Hosmer telling the other team he'll tell Tatis he was wrong to. What an embarrassment both TIngler and Hosmer are; Tatis should have laughed in both their faces.

Tingler tried to backtrack off his comments yesterday after he took all the heat. If I played for him, I'd never listen to a word he had to say ever again. The ONLY thing I ever expected from my coaches was to have my back publicly. 

Here is a thought...how about Woodward has a talk with his pitcher to not fall behind a guy 3-0 with the bases loaded.

#freetatis

#tatisbacktopalehose

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I usually evaluate managers based on how their players receive them and interact with them. All the other stuff is just icing on the cake. 

I certainly don't think managers win or lose anywhere near as many games as some here do. If you read game threads, more than half the losses are Rick's fault and not the players who didn't execute.

We do agree on this.

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've never seen something like it in my life to be honest. Hosmer telling the other team he'll tell Tatis he was wrong to. What an embarrassment both TIngler and Hosmer are; Tatis should have laughed in both their faces.

Tingler tried to backtrack off his comments yesterday after he took all the heat. If I played for him, I'd never listen to a word he had to say ever again. The ONLY thing I ever expected from my coaches was to have my back publicly. 

Imagine being a top 5 player in the game and having a borderline replacement level player like Hosmer telling you how to play the game.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Imagine being a top 5 player in the game and having a borderline replacement level player like Hosmer telling you how to play the game.  

But he almost won two WS, is a local hero in KC for buying everyone drinks the night of the clincher and he did stay at a high-quality Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

I think it’s great

That’s why KyLe is similarly en fuego.  Or, to quote Bad Boys 4 Life, Hasta La Fuego.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets?partnerId=zh-20200819-236941-CWS&qid=16&bt_ee=sUPMdeAVaiIRcUmVYidchVYzjEppiUbA4001HO4HMt3cRGAmykO6srBx%2B6klSwiV&bt_ts=1597854418095

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

LuBob is Top 5 worst nicknames.

Top 1 when you realize the alternative and preferred nickname by the player is La Pantera, which is cool.

Yea, La Pantera, awesome nickname.  LuBob sounds like a fucking used tractor salesman in Arkansas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic