White Sox Appear Headed to ESPN 1000 Next Year

chetkincaid

Just now, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

Spotty reception out in the west suburbs. They've been broadcasting on 1000 on days when the Hawks have a game, and it sucks. 

This. 

I don't listen to ESPN radio because here in Kane County it's barely in range. Station doesn't have a strong enough signal. 

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

As stated earlier I like them on a sports radio station as gives the station more reason to promote them, 

Seems like every person in the cub organization has a spot on the Score. 

Well yea that's how it works.  That's how it was with the Sox when they were on the score

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Same here but worse since I'm west of Rockford in rural area, it comes in but spotty and its huge annoyance when it fads

This is a serious question since I never use radio or internet radio but couldn't you hear the game on the website of ESPN 1000  ? . Maybe MLB doesnt allow it or you listen mostly in your car.

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is a serious question since I never use radio or internet radio but couldn't you hear the game on the website of ESPN 1000  ? . Maybe MLB doesnt allow it or you listen mostly in your car.

MLB blocks that.  Espn streaming goes to alternate programming when a game starts, same thing with the Cubs on the score/radio.com (usually goes to whatever national cbs sports radio show is on at the time)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This. 

I don't listen to ESPN radio because here in Kane County it's barely in range. Station doesn't have a strong enough signal. 

Yeah, When I lived in Sugar Grove the reception was too inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well yea that's how it works.  That's how it was with the Sox when they were on the score

When the sox were on the score, they still did a lot of Cubs stuff. The announcers always said it was because they needed to be fair and couldn't cut out the cubs just because they were the Sox station. You can bet it will be the same at ESPN. They will do more sox stuff but will still do a tremendous amount of Cubs. The Cubs just sell ratings better.

42 minutes ago, ptatc said:

When the sox were on the score, they still did a lot of Cubs stuff. The announcers always said it was because they needed to be fair and couldn't cut out the cubs just because they were the Sox station. You can bet it will be the same at ESPN. They will do more sox stuff but will still do a tremendous amount of Cubs. The Cubs just sell ratings better.

The Sox still have a presence on the score though, Stone(Regular), Guillen(regular), Benneti(semi regular)  Hahn(few times a year), sometimes KW(Once or twice a year or when something big happens), James Fegan(regular) all call in to the score.  Cooper used to until he finally made it too impossible to deal with him.

its really a whiny argument.  The cubs were the better story over the past decade.  The Sox didn't deserve the coverage they got but it was still there

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You don't get nasty annoying static? 

Maybe it's better on newer cars. I have an 09 and that's the newest car I've ever had. 

I am driving an 03 Buick so it's definitely not that 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I am driving an 03 Buick so it's definitely not that 

I've lived out here pretty much my entire life and I've never had good reception for ESPN 1000 here. When you get to Streamwood/Hoffman  it gets better. 

I just went fishing at the lake in Lake in the Hills today. It sucked there too. Maybe your car just has a better receiver or something, idk. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

As stated earlier I like them on a sports radio station as gives the station more reason to promote them, 

Seems like every person in the cub organization has a spot on the Score. 

Hell, the Cubs overrated manager has a spot on a huge Sox fan's show every Tuesday on The Score. 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Sox still have a presence on the score though, Stone(Regular), Guillen(regular), Benneti(semi regular)  Hahn(few times a year), sometimes KW(Once or twice a year or when something big happens), James Fegan(regular) all call in to the score.  Cooper used to until he finally made it too impossible to deal with him.

its really a whiny argument.  The cubs were the better story over the past decade.  The Sox didn't deserve the coverage they got but it was still there

There will always be a presence.  But regardless of who the "home" station is the cubs will have the greater proportional presence.  It just economics.  They bring more attention. 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

670 talks a ton of White Sox. They're interesting. Many Sox fans at at the station as well. Mully and Kevin Dziepak in the morning, Bernstein, Laurence Holmes, Herb Lawrence, McNeil and Tannehill in the afternoon. Shane Riordan is in management and is a huge Sox guy. Mitch Rosen is the PD and loves the Sox. There is plenty of Sox talk there.