Trade deadline looming

GreatScott82

37 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree but I think the organization needs to have a plan for Eloy as well.  This season may be a good trial for where they see Eloy down the road. Will they continue to play him in LF, consider a move to IB or move him in a trade. That decision my impact Vaughn's future.

Eloy moves to DH when Abreu is gone in 2 years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Eloy moves to DH when Abreu is gone in 2 years.

I bet if they haven't won a championship yet and are on the cusp...Abreu is gonna want to sign on just for the ride and be a bench player/part-time starter. Eloy/Vaughn/Abreu and occasionally Grandal all will share DH at bats. That is the main reason why McCann unfortunately isn't staying with this team.

I know this won't happen, but it is a thought that popped into my head.  

Boston won't say they aren't trading Bogaerts.  I wonder if a package could be built around Madrigal, and then play Xander at 2B, because at this point, I don't think you mess with Tim at all.  Something like Madrigal/Collins/Thompson (Dahlquist).  Something like that?  I think Collins may be a good fit for Fenway, so he may be marginally more attractive to them than other teams, and I don't know what the Sox appetite for trading a young pitcher would be.  Anyway, not a very likely scenario.  But a fun name to pretend to plug into the lineup.  Especially with what seems likely to be a boring trade season.  Its a weird year, try to pull a coup.  

Edited by turnin' two