Dancing for Dubs

Kyyle23

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I truly appreciate your contributions to the board, but maybe tone down the need to play devil’s advocate just a bit.

Shush you silly nancy fanney fineywig hogwoblish willbash, you!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I truly appreciate your contributions to the board, but maybe tone down the need to play devil’s advocate just a bit.

Not devil's advocate at all. It just seems crazy that the Sox are on a 7 game win streak, pounded the Cubs for 2 straight and are on an historic offensive explosion and the comments are off the wall negative with high frequency.

But you're right my frustration with the posters is just as annoying as their comments about the team. So I will refrain from further sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The game threads are hilarious - everyone sucks most of the time haha. But that is Soxtalk!  I just know one thing - this team is FUN.  Perfect, no - but fun and they are going to be good for a LONG TIME.  

Dats what up.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I mean, Alex Colome is always a high wire act, and you’re right, the game threads have been a b**** fest since 2003, they were awful in 2005. It is what it is. But I’m here quite a bit and to call the tone negative is just not true right now. 

Oh and Don Cooper - Danny Mendicks expressions as classic. Cooper's got some moves!!! 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If it was me I would have played some punk music and turned it into a mosh pit or pogo'd to some B-52's.

System of a Down... “JUMP!!!! POGO POGO POGO POGO POGO!!!! BOUNCE!!!! POGO POGO POGO POGO POGO!!!”

😆

Tracey Chapman, Stevie Wonder, Rage Against the Machine, Rush, Michael Jackson, The Bee-Gees, Frank Sanatra, Tina Turner, Glass Animals, Journey...

The possibilities are endless.

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

System of a Down... “JUMP!!!! POGO POGO POGO POGO POGO!!!! BOUNCE!!!! POGO POGO POGO POGO POGO!!!”

😆

Tracey Chapman, Stevie Wonder, Rage Against the Machine, Rush, Michael Jackson, The Bee-Gees, Frank Sanatra, Tina Turner, Glass Animals, Journey...

The possibilities are endless.

I d have to make it a high energy fast paced song if I'm going to be out there. Early Elvis Costello ( Radio, Radio ) Ramones ( Teenage Lobtomy ) , Pretenders ( Cuban Slide  definitely )

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I d have to make it a high energy fast paced song if I'm going to be out there. Early Elvis Costello ( Radio, Radio ) Ramones ( Teenage Lobtomy ) , Pretenders ( Cuban Slide  definitely )

Phil Collins in the Air Tonight 😆

Sweet Home Alabama

The Ace of Spades 

• Haha 2

On 8/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, claydude14 said:

I was hard on Mendick early but he’s proving himself as a passable replacement level talent, plus he’s from Rochester NY my hometown... Shirsey or custom Chinese jersey all but confirmed

Speaking of replacement level. according to BRef, Mendick is on pace to be a 4.5ish WAR player in a normal season. That can’t be right?! 🤔

Edited by GermanSoxFan

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Speaking of replacement level. according to BRef, Mendick is on pace to be a 4.5ish WAR player in a normal season. That can’t be right?! 🤔

I already pointed out he had 1.1 bWAR in only 110 PA so that sounds about right though fWAR is generally given more creedence.

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Was wondering the same thing. No video after Tuesday’s win. 

He’s been traded.

Management told them to stop.

They wanted to give Gio’s no hitter continued spotlight.

Protesting dubs for BLM.

Someone stubbed their toe.

Cell phones got dropped in the coffee pot.