AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

edwin was actually a good player hahn waited out the market on and signed for cheap.  don't see that often on the south side.

I like that Edwin seems to be a good mentor for Eloy...but if he starts to get hot 🔥 oh yeah....heat up for the Cubbie series EE!!

I ask again, why is there such a vocal segment of posters who think Collins is so bad at catching that he can't even get a game here and there? Aside from his form on that wild pitch in the first inning, he looked fine back there, called a clean game, and even stole a few key strikes. Not sure why he can't be penciled in as our backup catcher next year

• Like 9

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I ask again, why is there such a vocal segment of posters who think Collins is so bad at catching that he can't even get a game here and there? Aside from his form on that wild pitch in the first inning, he looked fine back there, called a clean game, and even stole a few key strikes. Not sure why he can't be penciled in as our backup catcher next year

He's going to be our backup catcher.  I would love to keep McCann but he wants to be a teams primary catcher and someone will pay him to be so.  If Dunning is staying in the rotation, make Collins his personal catcher for the rest of this season imho.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I thought he did a pretty good job defensively tonight. And he’ll probably get better on both sides of the ball if he even gets somewhat consistent playing time.

Edited by YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

As I said in another post, I am very comfortable with him as a catcher. He makes a great option to have.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I fully expect him to replace McCann as the backup catcher next year.  Let Kopech replace Gonzalez, Vaughn replace Edwin, young arms replace Colome & Cishek, & trade Mazara for scraps and suddenly you have $35M to put towards Bauer & say Joc Pederson.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I fully expect him to replace McCann as the backup catcher next year.  Let Kopech replace Gonzalez, Vaughn replace Edwin, young arms replace Colome & Cishek, & trade Mazara for scraps and suddenly you have $35M to put towards Bauer & say Joc Pederson.

How about Springer instead of Joc?  I say that but I do like Pederson btw.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

How about Springer instead of Joc?  I say that but I do like Pederson btw.

If you believe the rumors we are the front-runners for Yoelkis Cespedes, not sure they will want to do a Springer sized expenditure for RF.  That being said, Springer would make this the best offense in baseball.