Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

a massive win all things considered.  Renteria, GREAT JOB TONIGHT!  Honestly he made the right moves with the pen for once.  Using foster in a high leverage spot good job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

edwin was actually a good player hahn waited out the market on and signed for cheap.  don't see that often on the south side.

I like that Edwin seems to be a good mentor for Eloy...but if he starts to get hot 🔥 oh yeah....heat up for the Cubbie series EE!!

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I like that Edwin seems to be a good mentor for Eloy...but if he starts to get hot 🔥 oh yeah....heat up for the Cubbie series EE!!

The dugout seems to enjoy each other, which is nice.

• Like 2

Damn, I just saw the 3 run homer Dunning gave up...Engel almost had it!!

13 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

The dugout seems to enjoy each other, which is nice.

And Ricky should be given at least some credit for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

And Ricky should be given at least some credit for this.

He should, you’re right. The players really seem to enjoy playing for him, and it’s a very important trait to have. It seems like a good culture the last few years. 

Obviously doesn’t excuse the other issues, but this is absolutely true

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Damn, I just saw the 3 run homer Dunning gave up...Engel almost had it!!

In real time it looked like he had a shot too.  Just out of reach. 

I ask again, why is there such a vocal segment of posters who think Collins is so bad at catching that he can't even get a game here and there? Aside from his form on that wild pitch in the first inning, he looked fine back there, called a clean game, and even stole a few key strikes. Not sure why he can't be penciled in as our backup catcher next year

• Like 9

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I ask again, why is there such a vocal segment of posters who think Collins is so bad at catching that he can't even get a game here and there? Aside from his form on that wild pitch in the first inning, he looked fine back there, called a clean game, and even stole a few key strikes. Not sure why he can't be penciled in as our backup catcher next year

He's going to be our backup catcher.  I would love to keep McCann but he wants to be a teams primary catcher and someone will pay him to be so.  If Dunning is staying in the rotation, make Collins his personal catcher for the rest of this season imho.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I thought he did a pretty good job defensively tonight. And he’ll probably get better on both sides of the ball if he even gets somewhat consistent playing time.

Edited by YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

At 14-11, and with most projection systems suggesting you only need 28 wins to make the playoffs in the AL, one could argue we're already halfway there in terms of victories. Fangraphs has our playoff odds at 88% now

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

As I said in another post, I am very comfortable with him as a catcher. He makes a great option to have.

• Like 3

I'm a numbers guy but i think this is the biggest thing you can't quantify. 

You get a team hungry, angry, and TOGETHER, that is the most dangerous thing u can see in baseball. I think we are doing that.

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I fully expect him to replace McCann as the backup catcher next year.  Let Kopech replace Gonzalez, Vaughn replace Edwin, young arms replace Colome & Cishek, & trade Mazara for scraps and suddenly you have $35M to put towards Bauer & say Joc Pederson.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I fully expect him to replace McCann as the backup catcher next year.  Let Kopech replace Gonzalez, Vaughn replace Edwin, young arms replace Colome & Cishek, & trade Mazara for scraps and suddenly you have $35M to put towards Bauer & say Joc Pederson.

How about Springer instead of Joc?  I say that but I do like Pederson btw.