Thom Brennaman - ouch!

joejoesox

20 hours ago, lostfan said:

Like a lot of people who grew up in the 80s and 90s I used to use that word casually because I thought it was funny and justified it by saying "I don't really mean it like THAT." But you learn better and you do better and I can count on one hand the number of times I've said it in the last 15-20 years, the only time I can think of was when I was telling someone "I used to use (that word)" and it felt like I was choking it out.

That is why I have more problem with reaching deep into the past for things that weren't considered a big deal at that time.  We have all grown up and learned that things and things aren't the same as they were when we were kids.  We grow and we do better.  I have WAY bigger problems with that stuff today.  Obviously there is a line between talk and words and more actionable types of things, but there is zero excuse for this in 2020.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:56 AM, Dick Allen said:

Man of faith. Not who he is. Then why oh why did he say it while at work? 

He didn't seem to apologize to any of his co-workers who would have heard it. But once he found out it went out on the air, and people were calling for his job, oh so sorry. 

Everybody screws up. I just hate these cookie cutter "apologies". What he was sorry for was being caught. I'm sure it's not the first time he's said something similar.

I don't really think this should cost him a career, but it should cost him his job and maybe his Fox football job. Let some other person "of faith" take over. I'm guessing they won't say what he say.  He can do the faith thing for a while. Get some sensitivity training, and then look for a new gig, and if he's the best person for the job, the next team or network should have no problem hiring him.

I would like to be a sensitivity trainer. Mumbo jumbo worth 400,000 to 500,000 bucks a year. For teaching common sense?? Treat all people the way you want you and your family members to be treated. Love one another. Do unto others as you wish they do unto you. Get rid of unkind thoughts. Quit judging others. That should about cover it. Sorry for the rant. I'm not thrilled about training for common sense issues. This world is not about me, me, me. People need to quit being so selfish and think they are perfect and everybody else is not. 

Brennaman obviously has a problem and will never work in broadcasting again. You don't say that on a hot mic and work in that field again.

Edited by greg775

18 hours ago, greg775 said:

I would like to be a sensitivity trainer. Mumbo jumbo worth 400,000 to 500,000 bucks a year. For teaching common sense?? Treat all people the way you want you and your family members to be treated. Love one another. Do unto others as you wish they do unto you. Get rid of unkind thoughts. Quit judging others. That should about cover it. Sorry for the rant. I'm not thrilled about training for common sense issues. This world is not about me, me, me. People need to quit being so selfish and think they are perfect and everybody else is not. 

Brennaman obviously has a problem and will never work in broadcasting again. You don't say that on a hot mic and work in that field again.

What you say here makes a lot of sense, Greg. Yes, quit judging others. How about quit hating others? What a waste of energy.