8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Its too late unfortunately. He will never sign to be a backup nor should he. 

Sox should move him before the deadline to get some value from him before he leaves for nothing. 

Why the hell would they trade McCann? Sox are competing for a playoff spot this year...

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why the hell would they trade McCann? Sox are competing for a playoff spot this year...

Go to him, ask if he'd sign an extension if he were guaranteed a rotational role.

If not, the way to maximize his value is trade him, unless you believe the Sox can win the World Series this year.

I'm not saying they should trade him, just that this would be the logic.

Just now, Princess Dye said:

Grandal is a top catcher in MLB.  We cant bury him over this handful of early games...theyre a drop in the bucket.

McCann is easily outplaying him this year. I also hear a lot about Grandal’s framing skills but it seems like our pitchers have performed better with McCann catching than Grandal. I don’t know how to look up CERA but that’s my sense at least.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Go to him, ask if he'd sign an extension if he were guaranteed a rotational role.

If not, the way to maximize his value is trade him, unless you believe the Sox can win the World Series this year.

I'm not saying they should trade him, just that this would be the logic.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Sox will be in the playoffs either way, so might as well get something if someone is desperate for a good catcher. 

Anything is possible. McCann has been the Sox best hitter behind Anderson. They will need him to make the playoffs and going into the playoffs. Shoot for the world series if you are making the playoffs.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I know its the Tigers...but the lineup is starting to have some consistency in order and results and the Starting staff has most definitely started finding a groove. This looks like a playoff team right now. This weekend will really be a good eye test. 

Performing like this against non KC/Det teams will be a real sign. 

• Tony unpinned this topic