Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chicago White Sox

8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I really don’t want to lose McCann. 

Its too late unfortunately. He will never sign to be a backup nor should he. 

Sox should move him before the deadline to get some value from him before he leaves for nothing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sox scratch 3 across and make Turnbull throw 37 pitches in the 1st. 

Let’s hope that long inning hasn’t cooled Gio off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Its too late unfortunately. He will never sign to be a backup nor should he. 

Sox should move him before the deadline to get some value from him before he leaves for nothing. 

 

Why the hell would they trade McCann? Sox are competing for a playoff spot this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Its too late unfortunately. He will never sign to be a backup nor should he. 

Sox should move him before the deadline to get some value from him before he leaves for nothing. 

 

We need McCann for the playoffs. Don’t trade him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But seriously, if the playoffs started tomorrow I’d be starting McCann over Grandal at catcher (assuming both healthy).

Grandal is a top catcher in MLB.  We cant bury him over this handful of early games...theyre a drop in the bucket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why the hell would they trade McCann? Sox are competing for a playoff spot this year...

Sox will be in the playoffs either way, so might as well get something if someone is desperate for a good catcher. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But seriously, if the playoffs started tomorrow I’d be starting McCann over Grandal at catcher (assuming both healthy).

No smart team would ever do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why the hell would they trade McCann? Sox are competing for a playoff spot this year...

Go to him, ask if he'd sign an extension if he were guaranteed a rotational role.

If not, the way to maximize his value is trade him, unless you believe the Sox can win the World Series this year.

I'm not saying they should trade him, just that this would be the logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gio's pitch sequence with McCann is just better

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Princess Dye said:

Grandal is a top catcher in MLB.  We cant bury him over this handful of early games...theyre a drop in the bucket.

McCann is easily outplaying him this year. I also hear a lot about Grandal’s framing skills but it seems like our pitchers have performed better with McCann catching than Grandal. I don’t know how to look up CERA but that’s my sense at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony said:

That is a very bad idea 

Yeah and no one would give up a lot for him anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its the Tigers...but the lineup is starting to have some consistency in order and results and the Starting staff has most definitely started finding a groove. This looks like a playoff team right now. This weekend will really be a good eye test. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Giolito is like a different guy with McCann. 

Unfortunately they made their bed and now they will have to sleep in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quin said:

Go to him, ask if he'd sign an extension if he were guaranteed a rotational role.

If not, the way to maximize his value is trade him, unless you believe the Sox can win the World Series this year.

I'm not saying they should trade him, just that this would be the logic.

 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Sox will be in the playoffs either way, so might as well get something if someone is desperate for a good catcher. 

 

Anything is possible. McCann has been the Sox best hitter behind Anderson. They will need him to make the playoffs and going into the playoffs. Shoot for the world series if you are making the playoffs.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I know its the Tigers...but the lineup is starting to have some consistency in order and results and the Starting staff has most definitely started finding a groove. This looks like a playoff team right now. This weekend will really be a good eye test. 

Performing like this against non KC/Det teams will be a real sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Man Giolito is like a different guy with McCann. 

Unfortunately they made their bed and now they will have to sleep in it.

Looks like some others are starting to see the light! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×