8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, gusguyman said:

I really love how we can't ever celebrate McCann doing something good without turning it into a referendum on Grandal. Def one of my favorite things. 

Yeah, let’s just appreciate that we have two catchers that would start for pretty much every team.

If McCann is okay with it, the Sox could carry both and give both a lot of playing time. Don’t think McCann will be willing to do it though. Especially after the FO basically replaced McCann and he had to earn  his playing time yet again.

Just now, mqr said:

Several seasons of one of them being one of the best catchers in baseball. 

Catcher wasn’t a weakness headed into this season and I’ve long contended that Grandal is overrated. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player but not the top two catcher in baseball that everyone makes him out to be imo. Sure could have used that money upgrading starting pitching or RF instead.

6 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I really love how we can't ever celebrate McCann doing something good without turning it into a referendum on Grandal. Def one of my favorite things. 

This debate isn’t going away any time soon. It will continue into the playoffs. We already know Ricky’s mind is made up but that won’t stop me from critiquing it.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Oh my god am I the only one watching on the NBC Sports App and have to deal with the insufferable Illinois Lottery commercial on every. single. break.?

It has been a recurring joke in a group text 

s

22 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Its too late unfortunately. He will never sign to be a backup nor should he. 

Sox should move him before the deadline to get some value from him before he leaves for nothing. 

As a pending free agent, he has very little trade value, especially in a season like this.  You ride him out and let him go after this season.

• Tony unpinned this topic