8-21 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

One underrated aspect of Ricky's managing (not that I'm a defender of his- I'd love to see someone better but I would caution it's possible to do worse) is that his defensive positioning is generally pretty good. Case in point that line drive to TA but also nearly every other Cubs line drive today 

Edited by Chris Sale

Just now, Chris Sale said:

One underrated aspect of Ricky's managing (not that I'm a defender of his- would love to see someone better but I do caution it's possile to do worse) is that his defensive positioning is generally pretty good. Case in point that line drive to TA but also nearly every other Cubs line drive today 

The other point would be it would have been really easy to lose the clubhouse through all the losing, but he hasn't.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

The other point would be it would have been really easy to lose the clubhouse through all the losing, but he hasn't.

Because when guys are sore and need a day, ricky says he chose to rest him taking all the heat on himself as being a moron so the player doesn't look like he asked for the day off.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Keeping a bunch of superhuman man children’s ego in check is like 95% of the job. 

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

16-11 in a normal year is what you want every month. Streaky team, but damn they’re killing the ball, and getting good pitching. Fun stuff.

16-11 is terrific considering like half of the rest of our games are against the absolute dregs of the league. 

Chicago can absolutely win the division. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

16-11 is terrific considering like half of the rest of our games are against the absolute dregs of the league. 

Sox could easily take 6 of the next 7 and climb to 10 over before facing off with the Twins again. 

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

And we have yet to see our "full starting line-up" this year.

DH - EE
C - Grandal#
1B - Abreu
2B - Madrigal
SS - TA
3B - Moncada#
LF - Jimenez
CF - Robert
RF - Mazara*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beautox said:

DH - EE
C - Grandal#
1B - Abreu
2B - Madrigal
SS - TA
3B - Moncada#
LF - Jimenez
CF - Robert
RF - Mazara*

And Mazara has yet to see a pitch he could hit out of the park either.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

One of the most enjoyable games in recent memory. If that Texas game was the inflection point down, I think this could be remembered as the inflection point back up

To hit six home runs against the Cubs and annihilate Lester ... and have all the home runs massive blasts ... against another Chicago team is about as good as it gets. I like the way the Cub manager gave up at 8-0 and took out some starters, knowing yes, 8-0 is not insurmountable but Keuchel wasn't gonna give up eight runs. So he quit in the fifth inning. Cool.

And Jose's second home run should be talked about a lot, probably won't be. How often does a guy almost get hit in the face with a pitch and on the next pitch hit a mammoth home run? That is special.

31 minutes ago, greg775 said:

And Jose's second home run should be talked about a lot, probably won't be. How often does a guy almost get hit in the face with a pitch and on the next pitch hit a mammoth home run? That is special.

Konerko comes to mind 

3 hours ago, beautox said:

DH - EE
C - Grandal#
1B - Abreu
2B - Madrigal
SS - TA
3B - Moncada#
LF - Jimenez
CF - Robert
RF - Mazara*

Certainly dont want to rain on your parade but it's hard to imagine Madrigal coming back and doing as well as Mendick has.

I feel the need to post this everywhere.  They need to cut EE and just play James every fucking day.  EE has had almost a whole damn month to prove he isn't wasting a roster spot

Meanwhile we have a guy killing the baseball just WASTING ON THE BENCH

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic