AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!@@

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, turnin' two said:

I don't think I've had that much fun watching a Sox game since the blackout game.

Only thing better would be if Maddon was still around to witness that bombardment. The Sox totally annihilated a starter who has had great success in the game of baseball (Lester). I mean when he goes to bed he'll be seeing visions of some CANNONS hit in the bleachers off him. To hit that many home runs off the Cubs, left to concede in the fifth cause they inew they couldn't score 8 with Dallas out there, special. No matter what happens rest of series, that was a pure beatdown of epic HR proportion.

And my man, Jose, should get headlines for what he did. Pitch under his fricking chin? Next pitch ... bam, home run.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Anderson

Moncada

Abreu

Eloy

Grandal

Robert

Vaughn

Colas or other FA RF

Madrigal

That lineup is stacked and would be controlled for a huge period of time. Oh my.

2022 Lineup:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Vaughn, 1B
  4. Jiménez, LF
  5. Robert, CF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Abreu, DH
  8. Cespedes, RF
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Just now, NWINFan said:

Brings back the greatest of memories. There was no Sox team like the South Side Hitmen.

One of the papers had a great rendering of the bad boys with baseball bats in their violin cases but I could not find it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Omg bleed cubbie blues 3rd overflow thread has zero comments.  We just broke al yellon and I am here for it.

I am not one to read too much into one game; the next two will be tough. But there is something symbolic about the 10-1 win. The Sox look like they are on the rise, and the Cubs look like they are on the decline. I hear little talk about a dynasty and what a genius Theo is. They had their nice playoff run and it's over. What do the Cubs fans have left ? A greedy and fascist owner and the Marquee Network. In reality, the Cubs were more lovable when they were losing. Their past success wasn't deserved. Future losing is.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This game will be remembered as a benchmark along the way. The Cubs are struggling, the Twins are struggling and it's time for our guys to step up. We are short on starters but most teams are outside of Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

This game will be remembered as a benchmark along the way. The Cubs are struggling, the Twins are struggling and it's time for our guys to step up. We are short on starters but most teams are outside of Cleveland. 

You are right about this. What the Sox demonstrated against the Cubs is that they have a hell of a lineup. They can do this against the Cubs or any other team. If a pitcher doesn't bring his best game, he'll get his ass kicked. If anything, the rest of the season will be entertaining.