How much longer do you wait on EE and Mazara?

Jack Parkman

It's a great question.  I know the politically correct answer is to let them play and see what we have.  My personal preference would see more of Engel in RF and McCann being used more as DH.  The lineup that helps me win tonite's game is the one I prefer to have on the field. 

• Like 3

Around the league, there are a lot of guys putting up awful numbers right now. Gary Sanchez, Javy Baez., Cody Bellinger, Altuve, Semien... Chances are, EE isn’t a .156 hitter and Mazara actually has some pop. Odds are overwhelming that James McCann isn’t suddenly a .350 hitter. Ride the hot streaks, but  usually things come back to or at least pretty close to the mean. The guys slumping will heat up, the guys on fire will cool off a bit. No need to panic . 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

20 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t see the Dodgers parting with anyone this year. Trading away depth in this weird year would be foolish, even if he has been underperforming in a ridiculously small sample size.

Even for a little change of scenery swap of Bellinger for Mazara?  might do them both some good. Lol. Sorry had to say and was dying when you posted that earlier.

Edited by smellysox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Around the league, there are a lot of guys putting up awful numbers right now. Gary Sanchez, Javy Baez., Cody Bellinger, Altuve, Semien... Chances are, EE isn’t a .156 hitter and Mazara actually has some pop. Odds are overwhelming that James McCann isn’t suddenly a .350 hitter. Ride the hot streaks, but  usually things come back to or at least pretty close to the mean. The guys slumping will heat up, the guys on fire will cool off a bit. No need to panic . 

I love the perspective you always bring, Dick. Well said.

Mazara should be given a very short leash while Engel is still hitting. Not sure there’s a single thing Mazara is doing better than Engel right now

EE at least has a much better track record and has shown some flashes. Although McCann is getting harder and harder to keep out of the lineup. EE should maybe get 2 days off a week with Yaz and Abreu aalternating getting a day off a week. Keeps the older guys fresh and McCann gets 3 starts a week 

28 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Could you imagine how insane the Sox line up would be if they had signed Bryce Harper?

Realistically though, if RH got JR to shell out that 13 year 325m deal or whatever it was, there wouldn't be money in the "budget" for all the extensions to the young talent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Realistically though, if RH got JR to shell out that 13 year 325m deal or whatever it was, there wouldn't be money in the "budget" for all the extensions to the young talent. 

I think there would be. What wouldn’t have happened  most likely is Grandal and EE being White Sox, and of course Mazara. 3 of the biggest punching bags so far. You would have an OF set for 6 or 7 years. 3/4 of an infield set for at least 4 or 5. A potential star 1B coming probably next year. You would have McCann catching . Basically your minor leagues would be used to develop pitching and trade chips. It still is impressive, but Harper would have made this line up unreal , and probably for a long time. Plus he would have been the lefty in middle of the line up.

• Haha 1