8-22 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Great win for this team. Winning a game we were underdogs in. I give credit to Ricky but he also needs to get his head out of his ass. He has to make better decisions than he has if we will be serious contenders. 

Man. He’s doing pretty well considering Mazara, EE, Engel & Mendick Have to get tons of playing time for different reasons. 

24 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Ricky tried to fuck it up by putting colome in when he didn't need to be.

Games over be happy .We beat the Cubs 2 in a row, 3 Abreu bombs. A Robert tater. Not terrible pitching. 7 wins in a row.  Why focus on the negative ?

Colome isnt Mariano Rivera but he's been a very reliable guy for a while when BP arms are shaky year to year. You guys shit your pants at the slightest hint of trouble.

Time to believe !

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I am assuming McCann will catch tomorrow (day game after night game). 

Seeing as Grandal is seeing the ball pretty well right now. Wouldn't you think we would sit down EE and DH Grandal? Maybe DH Abreu and Grandal at first? All I know is, I prefer Grandal in the lineup over EE, at the moment. Grandal is a groove hitter. When he's hitting the ball out of the park - you ride it. 

Just now, Richie said:

I am assuming McCann will catch tomorrow (day game after night game). 

Seeing as Grandal is seeing the ball pretty well right now. Wouldn't you think we would sit down EE and DH Grandal? Maybe DH Abreu and Grandal at first? All I know is, I prefer Grandal in the lineup over EE, at the moment. Grandal is a groove hitter. When he's hitting the ball out of the park - you ride it. 

It’s a really tough decision, to be honest. You don’t want to change anything with Abreu after those two games. McCann will be catching, most likely. Maybe Grandal is your DH, although his numbers as a DH haven’t been great. 

16 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It’s a really tough decision, to be honest. You don’t want to change anything with Abreu after those two games. McCann will be catching, most likely. Maybe Grandal is your DH, although his numbers as a DH haven’t been great. 

Yeah, you're right. You can't mess with Abreu. You keep doing whatever you're doing. 

7 career games as a DH is a pretty small sample size for Grandal, though. If it was a left-handed starter? I might stick with EE. However, with a righty? I'm going Grandal. Especially with Grandal seemingly getting going and EE sort of stuck in place. 

We shall see. Neither way would shock me.  

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Yeah, you're right. You can't mess with Abreu. You keep doing whatever you're doing. 

7 career games as a DH is a pretty small sample size for Grandal, though. If it was a left-handed starter? I might stick with EE. However, with a righty? I'm going Grandal. Especially with Grandal seemingly getting going and EE sort of stuck in place. 

We shall see. Neither way would shock me.  

I would absolutely DH Grandal tomorrow over EE. With the way Darvish has been pitching, I wouldn't expose a struggling EE to his 9+ pitches he throws as he attempts to break out of his slump.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic