8-22 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

7 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Dude, his peripherals were shit in 2018, his "good year". He was openly shit last year. He got wrecked in his first start this year. He has a seeming tendency to pitch while hurting rather than telling someone, like an adult. His pace is slow so he's excruciatingly boring to watch. This isn't a new thing. This isn't today. Reynaldo Lopez is a poor MLB pitcher.

I'm not certain that being boring to watch is a solid metric but I do feel like I'm strapped into a car driving off a cliff at 3 mph. I know where it's going so let's just crash and get it over with.

Just now, beautox said:

sox broadcast has been dogshit this season on replays, never showing check swings or close plays like EEs..

They've shown a replay on every check swing this year, in games I've seen, including the close one on Bote last inning. The problem is, with a lack of people allowed into parks this year that comes with less cameras. They just may not have a good angle there

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well the guy who traded Tatis should have lost his job 4x over, but anyway. 

Its not about refusing to make deals, it’s about knowing what your situation is and being realistic about what you’re getting back. Every time we got burned it was because we traded something too valuable, expecting a guy to be more than he was. Samardzija wasn’t an ace but we acted like he was. Frazier wasn’t nearly good enough to make a 75 win team a winner. Shields was finished. In each case, a team below .500 said they’re better than that, fixated on a guy, paid a substantial price, and convinced itself it wouldn’t come back to hurt them.

Your point was that any young guy could be Tatis, so we should never trade one. This is a cowardly way to run an organization.  

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic