White Sox Winner!

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I hope @southsider2k5 lost lots of money tonight 😜

Thank goodness I balanced out the bad juju with the California Good Vibrations and Instant Karma.

I'm pickin' up good vibrations !

I wonder if 50 year old rock song references are as foreign to the young pups here as Bones n Thugs is to me.

Yea yea my boomer is showing  , yea yea but my flasks overflowing

I'm still standin'   yeah yeah yeah!!!

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthWallace said:

Think about that. Against the Cubs. In Wrigley. We are witnessing a destructive bat. Five homers in two games. I salute this man. ... I know Ron's excuse. He'll say he can't handle pressure and if there were fans he'd be striking out. He's only hot in empty stadiums.

I say ... Jose keep it up, sir. See the ball, hit the ball. Relax and BOOM!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thank goodness I balanced out the bad juju with the California Good Vibrations and Instant Karma.

I'm pickin' up good vibrations !

I wonder if 50 year old rock song references are as foreign to the young pups here as Bones n Thugs is to me.

Yea yea my boomer is showing  , yea yea but my flasks overflowing

I'm still standin'   yeah yeah yeah!!!

You're OK, Boomer

Contreras "framing" is really a joke. You want to move the glove like two inches towards the center of the zone and then stick it there.

But Contreras rips the glove like a foot across the zone, I'm surprised he gets any calls at all, that is like a 12 year old little league catcher who has learned about framing the first time and then totally exaggerates.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm happy for Reylo.  All we asked is for him to keep them in it and he did.

100% agree. I am and have always been a huge supporter of him. I truly think he's going to find his groove, but much like Giolito, it's all mental for ReyLo. He definitely has the stuff, he just needs to keep his head in it. His passion is great too.

I also have always been a huge advocate for Engel and Abreu. I think both those guys are going to be huge contributors to our championship runs. I also really think Abreu is going to age a lot better than players of his type historically have. He just seems to know how to take care of his body as it ages, and he knows how to make the necessary adjustments to continue to be elite. It's a shame he started out here in his late 20s...he would have HOF numbers at the end of his career had he been here 5 years earlier.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

100% agree. I am and have always been a huge supporter of him. I truly think he's going to find his groove, but much like Giolito, it's all mental for ReyLo. He definitely has the stuff, he just needs to keep his head in it. His passion is great too.

I also have always been a huge advocate for Engel and Abreu. I think both those guys are going to be huge contributors to our championship runs. I also really think Abreu is going to age a lot better than players of his type historically have. He just seems to know how to take care of his body as it ages, and he knows how to make the necessary adjustments to continue to be elite. It's a shame he started out here in his late 20s...he would have HOF numbers at the end of his career had he been here 5 years earlier.

Last night I think they finally got through to the guy that he needs to just come out and let'er rip and throw strikes and hey if he's only got 3 inning in him or so that's fine -- attack hitters and let the chips fall where they will.  He could be a quality "headliner" for the Sox down the road combined with Foster: Foster for two innings, Reylo for four and then hand it over to the fire throwers.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Abreu wouldn't be with us if he came here 5 years earlier. 

10 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Good point. For the sake of his place in baseball history though, kinda sucks for him. 

I always tell people if life is good don't change a thing. Jose is an icon in Chicago because of the chance he got here at the time, and he was able to become a leader with no pressure on him yet. He may have had a HOF career elsewhere, but he wouldn't be The Man like he is here. I think the MLB HOF is too numbers oriented and they need to look at the total picture. If Abreu pulls a Nelson Cruz and the Sox win a few titles with him as the leader, he'd deserve HOF consideration. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I always tell people if life is good don't change a thing. Jose is an icon in Chicago because of the chance he got here at the time, and he was able to become a leader with no pressure on him yet. He may have had a HOF career elsewhere, but he wouldn't be The Man like he is here. I think the MLB HOF is too numbers oriented and they need to look at the total picture. If Abreu pulls a Nelson Cruz and the Sox win a few titles with him as the leader, he'd deserve HOF consideration. 

Yeah, for sure man. Great point.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Last night I think they finally got through to the guy that he needs to just come out and let'er rip and throw strikes and hey if he's only got 3 inning in him or so that's fine -- attack hitters and let the chips fall where they will.  He could be a quality "headliner" for the Sox down the road combined with Foster: Foster for two innings, Reylo for four and then hand it over to the fire throwers.

I like seeing Lopez in discussion with Giolito after he was pulled.  Seemed to be helping each other to succeed.  I hope they let Cease into those discussions.  They all suffered from seemingly not being ready in the first inning when the bell rings.  Giolito shared the other day that he threw the last 15 pitches in the warm-up with game intensity.  Worked well for him and for sure Cease and Lopez have the same issue.