8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the young relievers look so good after working with the more technologically-advanced minor league instructors

Cooper has no say in the development of the pitching plan in the minors?  Marshall and Detweiler have turned it around pretty good without spending time in the minors.

What is funny is Jerry Manuel was criticized for pulling Garland the first sign of trouble. Ozzie left him in and was given a ton of credit.(Garland was also a better pitcher then). Now managers are idiots for not pulling a guy the first sign of trouble.

All in all a great series. Cease pitched really well, the Sox had their chances and it didn’t work out. Now destroy Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

Edited by Dick Allen

10 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Well, luckily we have the Pirates as a get right game on Tuesday! Gio versus a lefty followed up by Keuchel....we might not even need the pen till next Friday 

Pirates just swept Brewers as they remembered the season started.  Polanco finally woke up.

No matter the outcome of today's game...

1) They won 2/3 vs the Cubs and the 2 wins were lopsided. Furthermore, today's was winnable. They had a division winner and one of the better NL teams by the nuts for all but 3 out of 27 innings.

2) It's fun being pissed about a loss again. It's fun expecting a sweep. Let's go win 4 of the next 5, while we're at it.

Cheers, Soxtalk. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Be smart and be safe. Health and wealth to you all 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Worst coach in baseball...going back out for the inning was dumb. No pen up is criminal. Fire this idiot 

Sox record is way too good to fire RR. I'm glad I don't post in game threads hardly ever. I just read through this. I left after Yearnin' angered me about Jose. Yes Sox could have swept. Sox only scored one today after two great offensive nights. Stuff happens. I think the RR criticism about Cease could go either way. He threw a lot of pitches, yes, but at some point Sox and fans both will want him to extend a bit deeper in games. 

The way I see it is Sox bats deadened after two utterly remarkable outburst games. Sox didn't hit today. Hindsight being 20/20 it woulda been a good day to rest Robert.

On the positive side ... Grandal had a good weekend and looks like an all star; Jose had a remarkabe weekend; Eloy was magnificent; Timmy was great. Lopez was good; Cease was pretty good; Giolito is maybe a true stud. Bullpen has been nice. Apologies for forgetting some. Sox played great in Wrigley. Two out of three is fine. If we meet them in the WS we won't want the season series to be a ridiculous 6-0 or something. That would hex the Sox.

Try reverse psychology Ricky haters. Look at Sox record and assume his loose clubhouse is a reason for it and his ability to speak the language of so many of his players. Remember Ned Yost won a WS and he was generally regarded as a clown.

SOX FOREVER BABY; JOSE FOR SOX HALL OF FAME

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Said that yesterday. No way he should have been playing yesterday with how he looked. Also said sometimes managers need to save players from themselves.

I think he is run down from Covid symptoms. 

16 minutes ago, pcq said:

I think he is run down from Covid symptoms. 

Yeah, chronic fatigue is a residual effect of Covid, so he might need more than just the random day off the rest of this season. 

He's not recovering like he used to. I hope that this isn't a permanent issue for him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think this is it exactly. Sox just need to be cautious with him. Two off days this week should hopefully help.

Covid now hits the legs?  He has had leg issues pre-Covid.  I think everyone is reaching here on this.  He has bad wheels right now.   

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Long lasting fatigue is a very real thing with covid.

but Stoney wasnt talking about fatigue.  He is mentioning over and over that he has leg issues or problems with his legs.  Its not that he is getting winded going around 1st.  

13 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Covid now hits the legs?  He has had leg issues pre-Covid.  I think everyone is reaching here on this.  He has bad wheels right now.   

Read this and tell me how it's a reach: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Long lasting fatigue and blood vessel problems in the legs could be contributing to Moncada's legs issues. We know he had it, because he admitted to it. To completely rule out he's experiencing some minor side effects while going through the day-to-day rigors of a baseball season is narrow-minded. It's a very real possibility.