8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Did it? His success came from a change in mechanics, and most of his struggles since then can be traced to the fact that he is essentially a two pitch pitcher on some days

Yup, it was mechanical changes that allowed for better velocity & fastball command and further development of his changeup that allowed Lucas to take that next step.  Abandoning his curve for a slider has been a neutral move at best.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jose is now going to be "randomly selected" to piss in a cup for about a week via MLB. That's usually how these guys "randomly" chosen.

Obviously not steroids-related, but he does seem to be in a bit better shape.  Even his defense looks better this year.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, it was mechanical changes that allowed for better velocity & fastball command and further development of his changeup that allowed Lucas to take that next step.  Abandoning his curve for a slider has been a neutral move at best.

Right, and the couple of times we've seen that curve peek out lately have been nasty, so IMO it was definitely a negative move. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously not steroids-related, but he does seem to be in a bit better shape.  Even his defense looks better this year.

I thought I read something where he went from 268 to playing around 240. That might be a benefit to him 

• Like 1

Darvish has given up two home runs all year. Folks we are witnessing a series we'l probably never see again by a Sox player. The power unleashed against the Cubs has been throoughly enjoyable. And it's the veteran leading the way. I hope those who have ripped Jose in the past give him a break when he goes bad in the future, cause this is a monumental stretch by the guy. Last night he homered on at least one at bat where he fouled off or took two cookies. And he still homered.

That smile by Darvish said it all.  He's first Sox player to ever hit six homers in one series. ALL PRAISE JOSE. My gawd.

• Like 1