Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Neither should we, Brandon Marsh isn’t good enough to eat Justin Upton‘s horrendous contract.

Agreed; Marsh's average surplus value is roughly 41.7M his median is 23.7M. Upton still has the pro-ration of this year roughly 3.9M and 23M next and 28M for '22. All in 55M.

Even meeting in the middle of Marsh's surplus value its 32.7M, that leaves 22.3M in value to be made up; basically anther 50FV player like Jordyn Adams or their recent 1st round pick Reid Detmers 

If the Mets decide to sell, what would it take to get Brandon Nimmo?  Right fielder, left handed bat, high OBP, under control through 2022.  He would be such a perfect fit for the Sox.

I should say, playing CF right now for the Mets, but really better suited for a corner position.

Edited by Perfect Vision
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Soxmachine said we should trade Cease, Thompson and Stiever for Lance Lynn. 😂

Insanity.  Cease alone has far more FV than Lynn.  Nor would I trade Cease alone for Lynn.  Nor does trading Cease for Lynn really do much to solidify our rotation as we just robbed peter to pay paul.  

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Insanity.  Cease alone has far more FV than Lynn.  Nor would I trade Cease alone for Lynn.  Nor does trading Cease for Lynn really do much to solidify our rotation as we just robbed peter to pay paul.  

The comment from Josh was that Cease reminds him of 2018 Lopez, so we should trade him for Lynn.... even though Lynn is going to be 34 next year in the last year of his deal. Thanks but no thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The comment from Josh was that Cease reminds him of 2018 Lopez, so we should trade him for Lynn.... even though Lynn is going to be 34 next year in the last year of his deal. Thanks but no thanks. 

I was just about to google Lance Lynn's age to confirm that I wasn't insane.

What is everyone smoking?

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Soxmachine said we should trade Cease, Thompson and Stiever for Lance Lynn. 😂

Saw that

Would be a poor move to deal that much young pitching for 36 ish starts of Lance Lynn. If we are dangling that sort of package I would be looking for a younger pitcher with more control if at all

Just now, Quin said:

I was just about to google Lance Lynn's age to confirm that I wasn't insane.

What is everyone smoking?

Yup, the discussion - which has gathered some steam - revolves around him claiming teams that are trying to win do things like that.... my response is no, they absolutely do not.

No team that is coming into a contention window trades from the MLB roster - a young talented player who was a part of the future. All that does is open a hole and put someone else in it. You are supposed to build around these guys by trading MiLB assets and signing FA's.

Between southsidehitman or whatever site it was demanding the Sox shop Anderson for a SP, and now SOxmachine stating we should trade an MLB SP for another MLB SP who has 7 years less of control; in doing so, you also need to trade your young arms who could fill that hole once Lynn leaves. These ideas of trading MLB talent while trying to compete are just so irrational.