Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

24 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

If the Mets decide to sell, what would it take to get Brandon Nimmo?  Right fielder, left handed bat, high OBP, under control through 2022.  He would be such a perfect fit for the Sox.

I should say, playing CF right now for the Mets, but really better suited for a corner position.

He would be a good get, but probably very pricey. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's a lot of people saying it's not a great idea, but they are floating other bad ideas.

Here's one for example:

This guy would like to trade Kopech, Cease, Stiever and Thompson for Zac Gallen.

Gallen was the 17th ranked prospect in the Marlins system last year. He has thrown 116 big league innings and he's been better than many expected, but he likely isn't more highly regarded than Kopech alone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's a lot of people saying it's not a great idea, but they are floating other bad ideas.

Here's one for example:

This guy would like to trade Kopech, Cease, Stiever and Thompson for Zac Gallen.

And the funny part is that if Hahn actually stroked out and agreed to a deal like this, these same dopes would spent the next five decades complaining about this trade.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And the funny part is that if Hahn actually stroked out and agreed to a deal like this, these same dopes would spent the next five decades complaining about this trade.

Yes, I do find it ironic that those who are most critical of Rick and the team (that tweeter and Soxmachine in general), are also people proposing hilariously bad takes like the ones above. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

And for the record, I am about 98% sure that Kopech can't be traded.  YOu have to be on the 60 man roster to be traded this year, and Kopech opted out, so I don't see how he can be added to that roster.

Could they use the PTBNL angle? You technically can't trade 1st round picks within 1 year of drafting them either, so you just trade him as a PTBNL.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Could they use the PTBNL angle? You technically can't trade 1st round picks within 1 year of drafting them either, so you just trade him as a PTBNL.

They closed the drafted player/PTBNL angle a couple of years ago.  They can't even be a PTBNL in a deal that happens before the World Series.  Don't know if they have a similar thing here with the 60 man roster, but it would kind of defeat the purpose here, so I would doubt MLB would allow it.

I would not trade any of our blue chip prospects at this point, i.e. Kopech, Cease, Vaughn.  

If this season has proven anything, the Sox are on the cusp of breaking out into a dynasty-type team, and that’s due to the emergence of the other elite prospects.  

The offense is just slightly ahead of the pitching at the moment.  Just a little more patience with the pitching, let it catch up, let Kopech work himself into the mix, and then watch this team really take off.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've got to think Clevinger and Plesac are on their way out. Maybe not Plesac because he might be young, but I just don't see how those guys go back into that locker room. 

yeah, rumors are that Yankees are all over Clevinger. If they get him...that is a MAJOR roadblock to the Sox competitive run. Devastating even unless the sox get an ace. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've got to think Clevinger and Plesac are on their way out. Maybe not Plesac because he might be young, but I just don't see how those guys go back into that locker room. 

This is seems likely. However, what would the cost be? They shouldn't take away from this emerging core of players to do it.

Just now, ptatc said:

This is seems likely. However, what would the cost be? They shouldn't take away from this emerging core of players to do it.

Paying the division rival tax makes him not worth it most likely. That is why I would rather go after DeGrom. go BIG if you are gonna gut the farm. 

Just now, ptatc said:

I think the Indians are in a tough spot. They've made it very vocal and public that they can't trust them and that players don't want to be around them. That hurts value regardless of what we think.

Plesac has a better chance of coming back; he told the truth at the start (although he was caught red handed) and then took a car back and etc. He's from the area and could argue that it was  alapse in judgement. Clevinger lied to the team, traveled back on the team plane putting everyone on the team at risk, and then didn't come clean when confronted until later.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Give up both a ton of prospects and a ton of salary space in the future after finishing a rebuild?  No thanks.

Trout is not happening, agreed, for a variety of reasons.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Paying the division rival tax makes him not worth it most likely. That is why I would rather go after DeGrom. go BIG if you are gonna gut the farm. 

DeGrom would be a huge add, but I'm sure the cost would be exorbitant. 

You do not even want to know what the Mets would likely be asking for. 

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

yeah, rumors are that Yankees are all over Clevinger. If they get him...that is a MAJOR roadblock to the Sox competitive run. Devastating even unless the sox get an ace. 

The Yankees tend to get everyone whenever they want.   They still have to play the games.   They don't win the World Series every year.