Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox talent of the future, for the most part, is already here. Vaughn, Stiever... and the rest of the lot are just pieces. If you want to take Vaughn out, fine....

But there isn't much depth the Sox are relying on after that. 

I'll agree with you that the farm depth is certainly lacking due to all of the recent promotions, but Vaughn is more than just a piece.

Vaughn is an elite, advanced bat that is not far from being MLB ready. MLB Pipeline has him ranked #17 overall for a reason. He is not a guy they should consider trading with EE likely to be gone after 2020 and Abreu aging. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Not Cishek is saying Sox are very aggressive and he now thinks a deal will be done but not involving a long term core piece.

A poster above suggested ReyLo for Benintendi. That would be fine with me although I think Bloom is more interested in prospects not ML players. Perhaps Hahn now knows the money won't flow in the offseason so the next week is basically the 2021 offseason

I cannot imagine Boston trading Benintendi now when his value has tanked

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I'll agree with you that the farm depth is certainly lacking due to all of the recent promotions, but Vaughn is more than just a piece.

Vaughn is an elite, advanced bat that is not far from being MLB ready. MLB Pipeline has him ranked #17 overall for a reason. He is not a guy they should consider trading with EE likely to be gone after 2020 and Abreu aging. 

Vaughn is absolutely untouchable IMO in the opinion of the front office. 

Just now, fathom said:

Vaughn is absolutely untouchable IMO in the opinion of the front office. 

As he should be right at the start of our competitive window

Beyond the obvious talent, we can easily jettison Encarnacion after 2020 and save nearly $11 million to spend towards pitching by having cheap Vaughn replace him. 

Young players are not just valuable because of their talent, but because you can pay them peanuts relative to what veterans will cost you. Encarnacion/Cishek/Herrera, heck even Gio Gonzalez, possibly Mazara/Colome coming off the books should theoretically give us a solid amount of payroll flexibility to go hunting this offseason

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mike Trout isn't producing enough wins? What are you even talking about....

Mike Trout is a bargain. I don't know what you can't grasp about that. He's going to make between 4-6 million per WAR (estimate) over the life of the deal. That's a great contract and one any team could take on. 

Comparing Trout to Pujols and Upton. WTF

Rendon has a 179 wRC+ and nearly 2 WAR in 26 games. He's certainly not a bad deal at all at this point. Obviously it's very early.

As much as I’d hate to lose him, I’d give up Eloy as the centerpiece of a trade for Trout.   Perhaps Jimenez, Collins, Goins, Delmonico, and Renteria?   Doubt the Angels would take it but it would be an awesome get for us!

• Haha 1

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

As much as I’d hate to lose him, I’d give up Eloy as the centerpiece of a trade for Trout.   Perhaps Jimenez, Collins, Goins, Delmonico, and Renteria?   Doubt the Angels would take it but it would be an awesome get for us!

That isn't even close.

1 minute ago, sin city sox fan said:

I think Goins should be enough.

50 minutes ago, PopDemolition2020 said:

The White Sox should not be trading anyone in our system not named James McCann and only if it makes damn good sense. (SP or RF with control.) This team can build a dynasty. Try and keep ALL the young players. As much as I love McCann, and losing him would worry me. Im pretty sure plenty of teams are looking at him. 

Lets do the best we can during this weird season, continue to improve our young core and young bullpen arms. Less focus on McCann, Encarnacion and Mazara etc. I think they are all gone after this year.  Lets see what options are available after this season things are changing everyday in this league. 

Look no farther than SD. Desperately need a cather and plenty of interesting pieces. Luchessi ?

9 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Perhaps Jimenez, Collins, Goins, Delmonico, and Renteria?   Doubt the Angels would take it but it would be an awesome get for us!

So, Eloy + third string catcher + the end of the bench + a manager? Yes, that would be awesome for us.

11 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

This Trout talk is a pipe dream that will never happen

That package would not even get the Angels to pick up the phone. Trout is going to finish his career as one of the best ever to play the game. 

Any theoretical trade package would have to be beyond what you could even imagine in terms of asking price. 

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

This Trout talk is a pipe dream that will never happen

That package would not even get the Angels to pick up the phone. Trout is going to finish his career as one of the best ever to play the game. 

Any theoretical trade package would have to be beyond what you could even imagine in terms of asking price. 

Yeah start with Robert and Moncada and go from there. 

MLB.com has an interesting option presented in an article suggesting trades.    Not sure how I feel about this possibility?   

4) D-backs left-hander Robbie Ray to the White Sox for right-hander Codi Heuer.
Ray is a lefty with a tantalizing fastball that features elite spin. But … he's walking nearly a batter per inning (a Major League-high 25 free passes in 27 innings) and has been battered to the tune of a 1.005 OPS against and 8.33 ERA. He's a pending free agent, and things would have to improve dramatically for the D-backs to justify extending him a qualifying offer at season's end. They might be better served to try to get something for Ray now, and he certainly looks like a change-of-scenery candidate.

6 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

MLB.com has an interesting option presented in an article suggesting trades.    Not sure how I feel about this possibility?   

Heuer for 2 months of a struggling (to put it lightly) Ray would be terrifying. The most anyone should be trading for Ray is minor league depth and/or cash

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Interesting

Ray would be a pure rental, but he has also been pretty awful in 2020 so far. 9 home runs in 27 innings pitched scares me about what would happen at Comiskey.

I think I'll pass

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Heuer for 2 months of a struggling (to put it lightly) Ray would be terrifying. The most anyone should be trading for Ray is minor league depth and/or cash

For me it's not so much about Heuer, who I like but we have no clue what he will become, but rather Ray has been total crap this season

12 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Feels like Lance Lynn to me.  We know that Hahn and Jon Daniels have a good relationship.  I could see Stiever + Collins for Lynn.

I'm ok with that cost. I'd be surprised if Rangers could not get a better offer than that though