Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Phil Rogers (worhjtless opinion) says Cease, Jared Kelley, Adolfo and Collins for Lynn. Almost as bad as fast food Joshs take of Cease, Steiver and Thompson. 

🤦‍♂ If they make any trade for Lance Lynn and include Cease I will be furious.....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

The Sox are making the playoffs.  You need 3 starters in the playoffs. The Sox have 3 good starters.  The Sox  do not need a starting pitcher. 

Stiever is the best fairly advanced pitching prospect we have.  By the time the Sox need a starter, he should be ready.  And if things go as they usually do on these types of trades, Stiever will be the better pitcher on day 1.

Who is our third “good” starter?  Cease?  I’m optimistic he’ll get there eventually, but so far he hasn’t been that guy in 2020.

As for Stiever, Kopech & Dunning are clearly ahead of him and Crotchet could jump him as a soon as next year.  He’s a great depth piece but I’d be willing to move him for a legit rotation upgrade for 2020 & 2021 if opposing teams value him accordingly.

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

🤦‍♂ If they make any trade for Lance Lynn and include Cease I will be furious.....

It’s legit idiotic. Lance Lynn has been good in Texas but was literally terrible in MN just 2 seasons ago. His contract is nice, but I’m with Parkman. Most id give up is something like Reynaldo, Rutherford and Collins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s legit idiotic. Lance Lynn has been good in Texas but was literally terrible in MN just 2 seasons ago. His contract is nice, but I’m with Parkman. Most id give up is something like Reynaldo, Rutherford and Collins. 

Lance Lynn is a legit TOR starter, but he does have some question marks and is not a guy I‘d give up a blue chip prospect for.  I’d give up one of Stiever or Lopez plus Collins & Adolfo, but I seriously doubt that would be enough.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lance Lynn is a legit TOR starter, but he does have some question marks and is not a guy I‘d give up a blue chip prospect for.  I’d give up one of Stiever or Lopez plus Collins & Adolfo, but I seriously doubt that would be enough.

Meh, more of a mid rotation guy for me. He’s good and obviously has been pitching well, but by no means is Lance Lynn an ace. Not that our definitions of what he is really matter. 

i still have a thing for Micker and would prefer to give him a chance before we cut that cord. But yeah - Lopez, Collins and some other decent piece could work but someone like ATL could easily beat it if they wanted to. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Meh, more of a mid rotation guy for me. He’s good and obviously has been pitching well, but by no means is Lance Lynn an ace. Not that our definitions of what he is really matter. 

i still have a thing for Micker and would prefer to give him a chance before we cut that cord. But yeah - Lopez, Collins and some other decent piece could work but someone like ATL could easily beat it if they wanted to. 

He was a 7 win starter last year and is on pace for a 6+ win season this year.  His development of a cutter since TJS has really transformed him and he had barely started using it while with the Twins.  Lynn is a different pitcher than you remember.

2 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I can’t remember, is Not Cishek legit or not?

I am going to say this out loud. This is someone we have seen before, with a new Twitter personality to hide that history.  I have no inside knowledge,  but the style and way this account popped up up out of no where seem obvious.

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm ok if they trade Cease, but they better be getting DeGrom or someone close to that caliber, with that kind of control if they move him. 

Well, not out the realm of possibility. Wasn't Cease nearly traded for Syndergaard? I don't think they will trade Cease however. More likely someone along the lines of Stiever or Lopez. Someone they already internally feel is not a rotation piece moving forward.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to say this out loud. This is someone we have seen before, with a new Twitter personality to hide that history.  I have no inside knowledge,  but the style and way this account popped up up out of no where seem obvious.

Wetbutt23, welcome back... don’t hide in your hole of glory.