Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

The guy I would love to target is Mike Tauchman, OF NYY. LH hitting, power and speed and great glove. Can play all 3 OF positions very well. Yankees can move him due to abundance of OFr's like, Garner, Stanton, Judge, Hicks and Frazier. Tauchman could handle RF or, spell Eloy in LF (when Eloy DHs). 3 years of cheap control beyond this year. I would offer Lopez since Yankees need pitching in a big way.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

The guy I would love to target is Mike Tauchman, OF NYY. LH hitting, power and speed and great glove. Can play all 3 OF positions very well. Yankees can move him due to abundance of OFr's like, Garner, Stanton, Judge, Hicks and Frazier. Tauchman could handle RF or, spell Eloy in LF (when Eloy DHs). 3 years of cheap control beyond this year. I would offer Lopez since Yankees need pitching in a big way.

Local boy too! I went to high school with Tauchman (didn't know him). 

12 minutes ago, Flash said:

Why all the Nimmo love on this board? If we wanted to target a Mets OF, lets pursue Comforto. Expensive and only signed through next year but a badass. Nimmo...meh

Nimmo would be cheaper while also being a great get.  .380+ OBP, good defense and a LH hitter are some of the reasons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flash said:

Why all the Nimmo love on this board? If we wanted to target a Mets OF, lets pursue Comforto. Expensive and only signed through next year but a badass. Nimmo...meh

Wouldn't complain about either, but Nimmo has an additional year of control and generally gets on base more often. In our power-heavy lineup, having a guy with a >.400 OBP would be a godsend. I know Conforto's is also >.400 right now but that seems like more of an outlier for him

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Wouldn't complain about either, but Nimmo has an additional year of control and generally gets on base more often. In our power-heavy lineup, having a guy with a >.400 OBP would be a godsend. I know Conforto's is also >.400 right now but that seems like more of an outlier for him

Conforto is as bad as Castellanos defensively. Nimmo would be a great get but can’t see it happening.

9 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Cishek suggested earlier the focus was going to be on pitching in terms of the trade market. 

Perhaps they feel they can get Pederson cheap on a 1 year prove it deal after this year and with JR breathing down RHs neck on money issues they may have decided the only way they can realistically add a good cost controlled SP is via trade right now, not the offseason and no doubt JR will require him to show offsetting salary dumps after the season to offset the salary (ie EE, Cishek, Gonzo).  

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Lol.  Because he's the perfect fit.  Above average defense.  Elite OBP.  Hits from the left side.  Literally checks every single box. Which is why I started the bandwagon on this over a year ago.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol.  Because he's the perfect fit.  Above average defense.  Elite OBP.  Hits from the left side.  Literally checks every single box. Which is why I started the bandwagon on this over a year ago.  

Yes he would be a good fit. And I think under contract for 2 more years I think someone stated. 

11 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What would be a fair deal for 2+ years of Nimmo?

One huge problem for the White Sox in talking about Nimmo is that their best trade chip out of guys they might consider moving is a 1b, and the Mets have Alonso there. If you can't use Vaughn, then I don't see how you get around talking Kopech, given that Nimmo is showing this year that he can still be as effective as he was in 2018.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok I do have one trade proposal that everyone can hate me for.

Madrigal, Lopez and Mercedes for Lynn. Flame away.

All that for roughly 36 starts of a pitcher who turns 34 next May? I will pass

We tanked an entire season to select Madrigal and install him as our 2B moving forward. He is not getting traded for a player with limited control remaining, if traded at all. 

• Like 2