Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably the Mets.

One thing that could work in any team trading with the mets (beyond the fact that well, they are the mets) is that I'd imagine any new owner will want a low payroll and a complete rebuild.  If the Wilpons pressure the GM to get it done, hey, take advantage.  Sounds like the Mets are a complete mess right now.  Their GM talking about Manfred on the video they accidentally put out had me cracking up but the Wilpons didn't find it funny.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

One thing that could work in any team trading with the mets (beyond the fact that well, they are the mets) is that I'd imagine any new owner will want a low payroll and a complete rebuild.  If the Wilpon's pressure the GM to get it done, hey, take advantage.  Sounds like the Mets are a complete mess right now.  Their GM talking about Manfred on the video they accidentally put out had me cracking up but the Wilpons didn't find it funny.

But they need a new owner first and until then they probably don’t sell an asset like DeGrom.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah, I guess you are right, it would really have to include Madrigal (mets already set at 1b so no Vaughn)

Would have to be Kopech + Dunning + Stevier + Madrigal for instance 

You can't trade all of the future pitching prospects in one trade. It is never a good idea to trade 3 pitching prospects in any deal that doesn't have Trout in return

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

Like I said in the game thread. Lynn pitches for Texas tomorrow vs the Dodgers. So an interesting one if you want to watch. 

Apparently Ken Rosenthal has been speculating that teams may not be willing to pay a huge price for Lynn given the economic environment and the increased value of cheap young talent.  I still think a quantity-based package (Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo) might be enough to get something done.  I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Apparently Ken Rosenthal has been speculating that teams may not be willing to pay a huge price for Lynn given the economic environment and the increased value of cheap young talent.  I still think a quantity-based package (Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo) might be enough to get something done.  I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

That may be right. But Lynn is also pretty cheap for the rest of this year and next year as far as starting pitchers of his caliber. I think Stiever won't be enough of a headliner but we'll see. I definitely see Adolfo in any package we send to a team. 

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I would be okay with this. 

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really hope if Stiever is moved, it would be for someone younger. He's a future top 100 guy. Something is really unsettling to me that he'd be moved for a pitcher as old as Lynn.

24 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Why is Dunning so untouchable? Because of 4.1 innings of 3 run ball vs the Tigers? If you can get a bonafide stud pitcher, he should be available. 100%

Yeah I agree with you here. His stuff looked ok but nothing special. 5th starter IMO on a contender.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah I agree with you here. His stuff looked ok but nothing special. 5th starter IMO on a contender.

I thought his stuff looked great but Dunning is probably going to be left out of the bubble like Brandon McCarthy in the 05 playoff run. If you can get a solid starter that can help you win now you probably should pull the trigger.

6 hours ago, Orlando said:

Why is Dunning so untouchable? Because of 4.1 innings of 3 run ball vs the Tigers? If you can get a bonafide stud pitcher, he should be available. 100%

Haven't the Sox made it clear that any moves would be with the future in mind also? Trading one of our top pitching prospects for a glorified rental in Lynn flies in the face of that idea.

5 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Haven't the Sox made it clear that any moves would be with the future in mind also? Trading one of our top pitching prospects for a glorified rental in Lynn flies in the face of that idea.

So who is this magical creature that we can acquire that is good has a long contract and wont cost prospects ?

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So who is this magical creature that we can acquire that is good has a long contract and wont cost prospects ?

I'm not saying I know of an example they would bite on. Just that the idea of Dunning going towards Lynn would go against how Hahn has said he will approach potential trades.