Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

WTF

If they're going to make a trade, Bundy has 3 very good to elite secondaries. I don't believe in Lynn's transformation one bit and like others have said his peripherals are among the worst in in his career. 

I'd rather they stand pat and hope for the best with what they have. 

I wouldn't even trade Stiever straight up for Lynn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If they're going to make a trade, Bundy has 3 very good to elite secondaries. I don't believe in Lynn's transformation one bit and like others have said his peripherals are among the worst in in his career. 

Jack you're overthinking this man. Lynn has been absolutely dominant for like 18 months. Dylan Bundy has had 38 nice innings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't even trade Stiever straight up for Lynn. 

This is just batshit. Pitching prospects are great and all, and it's been cool to see Giolito pan out, but pitchers are so risky. Lynn is a proven horse and veteran who will give you 1+ years of damn good outings. Even when Lynn wasn't dominant he was a very nice MLB starter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not a coincidence that Bundy figured it out once he got out of Baltimore. 

The Orioles front office as constructed today is very intelligent.

Why do you give Bundy credit for improving with analytics but you ignore Lynn's actual proven track record of improving with analytics? It's so bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

If the Q trade wasn’t still such a topic of conversation in this city, I could see the Sox trying to get him back from the Cubs. But I don’t think the Cubs would like the optics of the Sox getting him back for pennies on the dollar. 

I would say it again, I would love to bring back Q in the Gio G role next year.

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack you're overthinking this man. Lynn has been absolutely dominant for like 18 months. Dylan Bundy has had 38 nice innings.

I also am not convinced we can overrate the GET HIM OUT OF BALTIMORE factor.  I would have loved to take a cheap chance on him this off season just for that reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Baron said:

Lynn really shouldn’t make his start tonight. No reason for Texas to throw him out there. 

Doesn’t sound like the Dodgers are that serious in the trade discussions. What would a package from the Padres look like?

Gonna guess it includes an outfielder

A lot of people have hit on why I'd rather trade for Bundy over Lynn:

1. Cost

2. I just looked up Bundy vs Lynn in peripherals and Bundy is better in that aspect. 

3. Age. 

Also, Bundy is likely to continue to get better and Lynn is likely to get worse. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The ONLY reason this would be a thing is the asking price.  If Bundy is available for a fraction of hte price, that is why I would listen.

With the way the pitching market is right now I doubt he is. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually his peripherals this year are some of the worst in his career. They still aren’t horrid, and he has been a lot better pitcher for quite a while than most probably realize. For a fair price, I agree, bring him on. But if they are going to have to send 3 or 4 of these guys that we have been watching horrible baseball for years to give them time to develop , it just isn’t worth it. Woodruff and Hader would be nice.Of the guys mentioned as available, I agree, Lynn would be my first choice, but the price is the problem. Maybe it gets to Monday afternoon and Texas says we have to dump him. They might get a little freaked. They held on to Mike Minor and got burned.

T43lEYS.png

I don't know what peripherals you're looking at, but seems to me that Lynn is pitching his ass off.

• Love 1