Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Real talk, what would our playoff bullpen look like right now assuming we make no trades and that Bummer comes back?  Below are basically our current options.  

• RHP: Colome, Heuer, Marshall, Foster, Burdi, Cordero, Cishek, Lopez
  • LHP: Bummer, Fry, Detwiler, Gonzalez, Rodon

IMO, if we add an arm it has to be at least semi impactful.

Bullpen is good enough if the Sox had another high end starting pitcher.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:59 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

No one is going to say that if the other team gives up a Kopech level prospect.

Well now u got the K. Rosenthal tweet saying  offers arent good so basically if what Rosenthal said comes to fruition and we dont get Lynn I can see it very easily happening.

Still think my group of players I am willing to move is Stiever, Collins, Rutherford, and other lower level prospects. Really not at all interested in trading Madrigal, Vaughn, Kopech, Dunning, etc. If someone like Reynaldo, I’d be fine moving on at this point as well. 

I realize that very may not get us Lance Lynn and certainly no one better. That’s fine. This is just the beginning and all of those guys are pieces of this puzzle moving forward. Just don’t feel like right now is right time short of acquiring a big time cost controlled asset. 

Id be more than fine with something like Ray and Phelps. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flash said:

Starting to feel like trade winds are real. Hoping for Lynn and prefer sending Kopech (vs. Dunning). Isn't Kopech from Tx. ?

I was just catching up with thread and that exact thought popped in head about Kopech being from Tx.

Me and you are working from the same perspective.

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Lynn might be done. 5 innings, 4 runs, 3 earned. 100 pitches, 60 strikes. 

Yeah that was a crap start. He was missing his spots in this game. But that Dodgers lineup is deadly. Daniels will probably keep him anyway and let him walk after next year. 

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still think my group of players I am willing to move is Stiever, Collins, Rutherford, and other lower level prospects. Really not at all interested in trading Madrigal, Vaughn, Kopech, Dunning, etc. If someone like Reynaldo, I’d be fine moving on at this point as well. 

I realize that very may not get us Lance Lynn and certainly no one better. That’s fine. This is just the beginning and all of those guys are pieces of this puzzle moving forward. Just don’t feel like right now is right time short of acquiring a big time cost controlled asset. 

Id be more than fine with something like Ray and Phelps. 

With the emergence of Mendrick, if someone sees a lot of value in Madrigal, you 100% trade him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cashman said:

With the emergence of Mendrick, if someone sees a lot of value in Madrigal, you 100% trade him.

Disagree. Mendick has been good but he’s more likely to be out of the league in three years than he is the White Sox starting 2B. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Kopech's stuff looked all the way back in instructs last year + the one glimpse we got of him in Spring Training this season. I think giving him up for a non ace/star player with many years of team control would be a huge mistake.

Trading Kopech right now would be incredibly stupid unless it’s for a DeGrom caliber pitcher.  Too many people are overreacting to his decision to opt out this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Learn from the James Shields deal. That is all we ask.

I think no matter when they become buyers and trade a prospect, people are going to have PTSD from that Shields grade. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve been in the buyers seat

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Disagree. Mendick has been good but he’s more likely to be out of the league in three years than he is the White Sox starting 2B. 

Mendick is nice little player, but his batted ball data is not impressive at all and he’s likely going to see a drop-off in performance.

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Give them Reylo, Stiever and Collins for that trash performance

Stiever is too good for that. Replace him with Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo and that's about as far as I'd go. 

I'd imagine Adolfo will get traded as he's also out of options similar to Basabe. 

Edited by Jack Parkman