Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I have literally lost all respect for you as a baseball fan and regret offering to buy you a beer that one time.

I wouldn't trade Stiever for Bundy either. 

Learn from the mistakes on the north side. If you trade your 2nd wave the window closes very quickly. 

Just FYI if Lopez/Adolfo/Collins doesn't get you anything I'm fine standing pat. 

The issue I have with Lynn is that he's not a long-term piece. I'd be more willing to trade someone decent on a 1.25 year rental if it was someone I'd want to re-sign at the end or was good enough to decline a QO. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Stiever is too good for that. Replace him with Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo and that's about as far as I'd go. 

I'd imagine Adolfo will get traded as he's also out of options similar to Basabe. 

Adolfo is not out of options. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was just catching up with thread and that exact thought popped in head about Kopech being from Tx.

Me and you are working from the same perspective.

37 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was just catching up with thread and that exact thought popped in head about Kopech being from Tx.

Me and you are working from the same perspective.

Hoping our combined mojo pays off. Fingers crossed.

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't trade Stiever for Bundy either. 

Learn from the mistakes on the north side. If you trade your 2nd wave the window closes very quickly. 

Just FYI if Lopez/Adolfo/Collins doesn't get you anything I'm fine standing pat. 

The issue I have with Lynn is that he's not a long-term piece. I'd be more willing to trade someone decent on a 1.25 year rental if it was someone I'd want to re-sign at the end or was good enough to decline a QO. 

For once we agree.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they traded Kopech 2 years from now everyone would be whining like they whine about Tatis. 

With a trophy, nobody is whining about anything except the 2022 strike. Red Sox traded Moncada (and Kopech)...they have a ring. Nationals traded Giolito and two other big league pitchers...they have a ring. If the Sox actually win a championship in the next two years, every bad move is forgiven. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

For once we agree.

Yeah the Cubs aren't going in the playoffs. Their window has definitely shut. No chance of winning a World Series this year. 

I just absolutely love the trashing of the Cubs decisions. It's hilarious because of how stupid it is. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 1

Just now, Baron said:

Yeah the Cubs aren't going in the playoffs. Their window has definitely shut. No chance of winning a World Series this year. 

They are almost certainly going to the playoffs given their division, but yes i doubt they can get to the WS with vastly superior teams out there in the NL like LAD, SD, ATL.

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

With a trophy, nobody is whining about anything except the 2022 strike. Red Sox traded Moncada (and Kopech)...they have a ring. Nationals traded Giolito and two other big league pitchers...they have a ring. If the Sox actually win a championship in the next two years, every bad move is forgiven. 

You'd be surprised. Cubs fans and Sox fans complain about/bash the Aroldis Chapman trade all the time. 

• Like 2

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

They are almost certainly going to the playoffs given their division, but yes i doubt they can get to the WS with vastly superior teams out there in the NL like LAD, SD, ATL.

He's the overall point. They won a World Series....they won a World Series. They've been to the playoffs a bunch in that time and are going back again. God what a disaster! Must be horrible. 

Here's Steves response to my question about the framework of a Lynn deal

"Texas is asking for the world right now. Once their price comes down, the social media consensus of Dunning, Stiever, and Adolfo types could work"