Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball.  It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.

With what offense though?  Lindor will be gone and Santana is old.  I feel like their pitching will always be good.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's what I thought but I always ask to make sure.

Ohmigosh...it was a joke because everyone is so angry about what happened the last time we thew in a no-name wildcard in a trade for an older pitcher.  I mean honestly the likelihood of Elijiah being the best player in baseball in three years is about as likely as it was for his brother.  It's baseball...weird things happen.      

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball.  It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.

Not real worried about the 2nd half of the window if Clevinger, Gio, Keuchel , Cease, Dunning for the 1st half .

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

With what offense though?  Lindor will be gone and Santana is old.  I feel like their pitching will always be good.

Also if it’s not kopech it will be some other mid round dude they turn into Shane Bieber. They have all those 17 year olds they’ve drafted that will eventually arrive

Just now, fathom said:

Maybe the Indians view Kopech as the best pitching prospect in the sport?

If so then I really don't want to deal him. They know their pitching.

I would really like to get Clevinger though. He's been fantastic.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I do have some sympathy for how terrible it must be to be a CLE fan despite the orgs competence the last 30 years

If they want big leaguers we don't really match then, unless they want Collins or McCann.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Also if it’s not kopech it will be some other mid round dude they turn into Shane Bieber. They have all those 17 year olds they’ve drafted that will eventually arrive

Can we steal some of their pitching scouting and development employees? We're not bad at it but starting with Kluber they've been somethin' else.

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

If they want big leaguers we don't really match then, unless they want Collins or McCann.

Or Vaughn and maybe they consider him ready.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Who is going to offer compelling big leaguers? The point of trades is to improve, not many have surplus MLB talent.

Thats stuff that cLE are saying to not be embarrassed they are in first and firesaling

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Who is going to offer compelling big leaguers? The point of trades is to improve, not many have surplus MLB talent.

Thats stuff that cLE are saying to not be embarrassed they are in first and firesaling

Probably, but if there's a headliner they want blocked by someone else that could make sense.

Also I assume Cleveland is looking to trade Clevinger because of the team drama but maybe that's just an excuse.

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Or Vaughn and maybe they consider him ready.

Could be. They do need hitting. I think this would be a mistake though. I think Vaughn is Goldschmidt Jr.