Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I'm with Brian Anderson. I am not into making trades right now. Looks like the Sox are going to the post season and young players are getting a chance to get playing time. The rebuild has taken time; it can take a little more. Make some serious moves in the off season and the team can go from there.

How about we trade Eloy and Yoan too? Then we can have a ton of guys under control for decades. 

I'm getting sick of this. Lets reward the guys for playing well. Push some cards forward and give them a legit chance to win the World Series. Can you imagine how this club would be next year if they go deep or win the World Series? All that playoff experience already? It gives me chills. Wasting time and banking on a bunch of moves to come together next offseason just sounds like a mess. 

Edited by Baron

40 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Honestly I hope Not Steve is right that we are talking to the D Backs about Starling Marte. That’s who we should have acquired in the first place for RF... he would literally make this lineup a complete, no easy out lineup... aside from maybe EE. 

I wanted Marte last offseason so I’d love this. Definitely an upgrade from Mazara and he answers your RF hole for next season as well.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s got like a 130 wRC+ / 1.2 fWAR on the year and has an option for 2021 at $12.5M.  Unless the economic situation impacts things (which is possible) I don’t think he comes cheap.

They got him for two 50 FV prospects last offseason. And yes he’s off to a nice start this season but he also now has just 1 season and 1 month of control left so the price tag shouldn’t be any higher than that. Something like Stiever and Thompson/Adolfo should get it done. Yes please.

10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

i know this guy is considered fake news but I think he’s hit before. Just something to talk about.

I can totally see a 3 way deal where the Indians get Gallo for Clevinger and then Texas sends Clevinger elsewhere for prospects.

Just now, Baron said:

I think the prospect of us getting him from Cleveland is close to 0 

I think that the odds are not great but I’d put it higher than zero. Indians are always trading pitchers. Also a bunch of smoke. Rosenthal being the most reputable to confirm that they are talking

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Highly doubt we are in the Clevinger derby and it was a smokescreen. No way Cleveland gives him to us when we are tied atop the division

One tweet from Rosenthal makes me feel that it may be a little more than that

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Hopefully they lose Gore.

I'm not sure why Preller wants to cash in his chips now. They are going to the playoffs regardless and could go far even without adding anything. I highly doubt ownership is going to can him now. I dont see why he feels he needs to make a huge trade.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Hopefully they lose Gore.

I'm not sure why Preller wants to cash in his chips now. They are going to the playoffs regardless and could go far even without adding anything. I highly doubt ownership is going to can him now. I dont see why he feels he needs to make a huge trade.

Because they want to win a World Series?