Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to say this out loud. This is someone we have seen before, with a new Twitter personality to hide that history.  I have no inside knowledge,  but the style and way this account popped up up out of no where seem obvious.

I don’t think it is, as he is a Mariners fan 

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is our third “good” starter?  Cease?  I’m optimistic he’ll get there eventually, but so far he hasn’t been that guy in 2020.

As for Stiever, Kopech & Dunning are clearly ahead of him and Crotchet could jump him as a soon as next year.  He’s a great depth piece but I’d be willing to move him for a legit rotation upgrade for 2020 & 2021 if opposing teams value him accordingly.

Yes Kopech and Dunning are ahead; I consider them prospects + as they've pitched in the majors.  Still, that's your rotation, with Stiever #6 and it's a long way to #7.   6 is a minimum in a normal season.

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

If I am Hahn, I call you Jerry tonight. I tell him that this team can win it all and he has to let him spend or he will regret it 

UMMMM...no.

Pittsburgh was/is on course to have, percentage-wise, one of the worst teams in modern baseball history.

1962 Mets, 2003 Los Tigres de Detroit.

13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Give me DeGrom, Clevinger, Hader or Lynn (for extremely cheap). Otherwise, I don't want garbage. 

Lynn won’t be coming for extremely cheap.  Cleveland is unlikely to trade Clevinger within the division unless it’s for an absolute haul.  And Hader is a closer that would cost us massive pieces, so not sure why you’d want him.  I’d love to add DeGrom, but the Mets would want a ton back for him.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lynn won’t be coming for extremely cheap.  Cleveland is unlikely to trade Clevinger within the division unless it’s for an absolute haul.  And Hader is a closer that would cost us massive pieces, so not sure why you’d want him.  I’d love to add DeGrom, but the Mets would want a ton back for him.

DeGrom would be my ideal candidate as well. He's maybe the only one in the league I'd be willing to give up worthy pieces for.

My stance is more a long the lines of there isn't much of anything out there that makes us better than what we have, especially mid to long term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

You are giving up kopech for degrom I’m guessing right? They have Alonso.

kopech, stiever, outfielder? 

No idea what it would look like, personally I'd try to keep Kopech/Vaughn at all costs, but yeh - wouldn't be off the table completely. 

Degrom is the piece that turns our rotation into dominance for the long term. All other options might help a lot this year but long term have no hope. 

Just now, fathom said:

I will drive those guys to the airport for deGrom

It feels like we can be trumped really easily. I also question whether mets are really ever in sell mode.

I’d imagine Braves would be front runners if mets just want best package

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It feels like we can be trumped really easily. I also question whether mets are really ever in sell mode.

I mean... Kopech is one of the best prospects in the game. Unless the Braves start off with Pache, then it's a pretty attractive offer with just Kopech alone.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

And who knows if Mets want to trade him with a new owner to be announced soon

Just now, bmags said:

Yeah, they’re only a couple games out of the playoffs, so hard to see them selling right now.

Not sure how teams’ view DeGrom’s contract as it’s big dollars but with huge deferrals.  Either way it’s not cheap, which will limit the amount of teams interested and should keep the price down to some extent.  He obviously won’t come cheap though even if the Mets are willing to move him.

Why not just sign puig? With 30 games left just offer him a 1 year deal, prorated that can't cost more than like 2 mil at best if not just 1.

Puig isn't that great but projections have him at like a 110-115 wrc+ which is a solid number 6 hitter and a big upgrade over mazara and engel.

Now he likely is rusty but the playoffs seem to be almost locked up anyway so just let him play simulated games at Schaumburg a couple days and then use the season to ramp him up and you get one hole less in the lineup for the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Why not just sign puig? With 30 games left just offer him a 1 year deal, prorated that can't cost more than like 2 mil at best if not just 1.

Puig isn't that great but projections have him at like a 110-115 wrc+ which is a solid number 6 hitter and a big upgrade over mazara and engel.

Now he likely is rusty but the playoffs seem to be almost locked up anyway so just let him play simulated games at Schaumburg a couple days and then use the season to ramp him up and you get one hole less in the lineup for the playoffs.

This team appears to have great chemistry at the moment, no need to introduce a wild card in Puig who also hasn’t been playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jim Bowden from the Athletic has a trade he’d like to see every team make.  For the Sox, he has Dunning & Stiever for Lynn.  As much as I’d love to add a guy like Lynn, Dunning is more or less an untouchable for me.

If anyone is even close on their valuations of Lynn, I'm passing.  

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Also it is kind of funny, in the span of like 5 posts there is the thought that Cleveland would need more to trade Clevenger to the Sox, but it is a foregone conclusion that the Braves are the team to whom the Mets would prefer to trade deGrom.

I said if the Mets wanted the best package the braves make sense, not that they are a foregone conclusion.