Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

26 minutes ago, beautox said:

I think if they make a solid run they'll pay McCann market rate. 

The weak spots going into '21 are another rotation anchor unless Cease or Lopez take the leap and right field. If they re-sign McCann and sign someone like Bauer or Stroman in the off-season they have major league ready pieces to move. Two of Dunning, Stiever, Lopez or Rodon, Collins and Burger as a lotto ticket throw in and a young but under performing outfielder in Adolfo or Rutherford. 

I would prefer them to sign McCann. You would have to think EE is gone after this year. I agree, Collins may be traded.

Even though we have no idea what to expect from Kopech because he hasn’t proven anything yet, he has the potential to be an ace. Throw in another quality starting pitcher and you quite possibly have the best rotation in the league.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, Lonchair said:

Bowden's trade hypothesis is not in favor of the White Sox for the long term contention of this club. The young arms on this organization are what will sustain future contending seasons. Stay the course & get a Buewer type in the offseason for 2021. 

There isn’t one available...

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't feel comfortable trading Madrigal for a pitcher that will be 34 next year. 

I do because all 3 of those guys haven't contributed anything this year and  Rangers get a non run producing decent runner and fielder . A starting pitcher who still has upside and a few years of control and run producing DH they can play right away to see if he can do as good as I think he can.

I don't foresee any moves requiring value to acquire external pieces.  A minor move here or there around the edges.  I would not be surprised to see Vaughn up for EE and possibly even Rutherford given a shot over Mazara - anything internal to help now in this crazy season without jeopardizing future assets/depth.

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This team appears to have great chemistry at the moment, no need to introduce a wild card in Puig who also hasn’t been playing.

This is wholly overrated. Once again, the two players that know Puig best, Abreu and Grandal, have BOTH vouched for him as a team mate. More importantly, Winning creates Chemistry; Chemistry does not necessarily create Winning.

That aside, he's flat-out better than the current RFer, full stop. What with the blossoming stars in CF, SS, & 3B, he doesn't really have to be "a solution," so much as not actively harm the team, as Mazara does in the field. Just provide cromulent defense, and don't embarrass himself at the dish.

That aside, I wouldn't trade much of anything this season, when we still don't know if there will even be a playoffs this year. It would be a B!TCH if they stupidly traded away a piece, and then COVID shuts MLB down.

Offering Puig a contract to NOT be bad at fielding wouldnt mortgage much of the future, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

This is wholly overrated. Once again, the two players that know Puig best, Abreu and Grandal, have BOTH vouched for him as a team mate. More importantly, Winning creates Chemistry; Chemistry does not necessarily create Winning.

That aside, he's flat-out better than the current RFer, full stop. What with the blossoming stars in CF, SS, & 3B, he doesn't really have to be "a solution," so much as not actively harm the team, as Mazara does in the field. Just provide cromulent defense, and don't embarrass himself at the dish.

That aside, I wouldn't trade much of anything this season, when we still don't know if there will even be a playoffs this year. It would be a B!TCH if they stupidly traded away a piece, and then COVID shuts MLB down.

Offering Puig a contract to NOT be bad at fielding wouldnt mortgage much of the future, IMO.

It is too late for Puig.  There are 30 games left in the season, and this dude has yet to see a real pitch in about a year.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Problem with Lynn is he's peaked, and what you're likely getting is a steady decline and with his age and build/body, it could all come unraveling sooner. Although being a fat ass as a pitcher does have it's positives 

I think the peaking angle doesn’t really matter when you’re starting in 6 to 7 win range and you’d only have control of him for one more Eason.  To me, it’s the latter point of his build / body being a risk for a substantial drop-off at any point that concerns me.

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is too late for Puig.  There are 30 games left in the season, and this dude has yet to see a real pitch in about a year.

And I think that's a fair view as well. Overall, I lean more towards not trading assets at this point; in a short season like this one, the acclimation curve would have to be short, whether a FA or a traded player.

Going into 2021, Mazara simply can't be the primary RFer while we're trying to compete in earnest, IMO. Mazara is what he is: a replacement-level offense-first player. Were there more glove-first types in the roster, or if this team were more offensively deficient, there might be a fit for him in the 25/26 man roster.

I still think Puig could be gotten at a reasonable cost, and for a more favorable contract length than other options at the position. I think this is true, whether its for the rest of this season, or going into next season.

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the peaking angle doesn’t really matter when you’re starting in 6 to 7 win range and you’d only have control of him for one more Eason.  To me, it’s the latter point of his build / body being a risk for a substantial drop-off at any point that concerns me.

Tony?  Adam?

28 minutes ago, tray said:

I wonder of Cleveland would even consider trading Plesac now that he has proven to be a bad boy.

I'd really like to have him in our rotation.

Trading him at depressed value...where have we seen that previously, where an owner & manager basically disowned the guy and FORCED a trade for whatever it was possible to get back in return???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Trading him at depressed value...where have we seen that previously, where an owner & manager basically disowned the guy and FORCED a trade for whatever it was possible to get back in return???

Nick Swisher.