Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Lynn ends up going to the Padres.  I don't think the Sox will part with their top guys while the Pads can make a deal without having to part with their top guys. Acquiring Lynn would clearly make the Pads the 2nd best team in the NL if they're not already.   I think the Sox end up with a guy like Robbie Ray.

Do you think Ray is even worthy of a rotation spot now given his command?

41 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Lynn ends up going to the Padres.  I don't think the Sox will part with their top guys while the Pads can make a deal without having to part with their top guys. Acquiring Lynn would clearly make the Pads the 2nd best team in the NL if they're not already.   I think the Sox end up with a guy like Robbie Ray.

Gross.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Some of you need a reality check .Madrigal isnt untouchable. Neither is Kopech his career and his life have major problems.

The Sox are in  a position to be contenders for years to come with or without Kopech or Madrigal.  Holy overvaluing prospects Batman !

The goal is to win The freaking world series not win the prospect derby.

Sox have won 1 WS in 100 yrs. 1 more in the next 5 yrs would be nice. I'd like to start going for it this year .

The goal is not to go all-in at the first sign of success either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baron said:

What's being impatient about trying to capitalize on the moment now? They have other guys waiting in the wings to pitch. We need someone in the middle of the rotation now. 

It's being impatient to not allow this team to have a long competitive window by sacrificing talent that will extend that window and remain competitive. This team is borderline now. Keep the good players for when they are truly a good team and are ready to compete year in and year out. Sacrificing the talent for the short term is what happened to the Cubs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I just think we are a lot better than people realize right now. Good offense, good defense . SP  just needs a boost and Lynn is someone Jerry just might pay for.

JR is more likely to pay Bauer on the one year deals and he's younger and better.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Some of you need a reality check .Madrigal isnt untouchable. Neither is Kopech his career and his life have major problems.

The Sox are in  a position to be contenders for years to come with or without Kopech or Madrigal.  Holy overvaluing prospects Batman !

The goal is to win The freaking world series not win the prospect derby.

Sox have won 1 WS in 100 yrs. 1 more in the next 5 yrs would be nice. I'd like to start going for it this year .

Patience grasshopper. This team is getting ready for a run of competitive years. Don't shorten it by sacrificing too much. 

Lynn for one player would work. Start selling off the future and it just isn't worth it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's being impatient to not allow this team to have a long competitive window by sacrificing talent that will extend that window and remain competitive. This team is borderline now. Keep the good players for when they are truly a good team and are ready to compete year in and year out. Sacrificing the talent for the short term is what happened to the Cubs. 

Trading Dunning is going to close the window earlier? Weird....it's like Kopech, Crochet and Kelley don't exist. 

Oh and the Cubs won a World Series. Thought I'd mention that. 

Edited by Baron

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Patience grasshopper. This team is getting ready for a run of competitive years. Don't shorten it by sacrificing too much. 

Lynn for one player would work. Start selling off the future and it just isn't worth it. 

Getting ready ? They are ready. I'm not shortening it. You are, by thinking they're not ready this year.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Getting ready ? They are ready. I'm not shortening it. You are, by thinking they're not ready this year.

If we win the World Series this year after trading for Lynn I'm sure there will be a long line of people going "Yes we won the World Series....but Rick Hahn needs to be fired for trading Dunning. We needed him for 2022!". 

Edited by Baron

38 minutes ago, Baron said:

Trading Dunning is going to close the window earlier? Weird....it's like Kopech, Crochet and Kelley don't exist. 

Oh and the Cubs won a World Series. Thought I'd mention that. 

The Cubs won one and fell off pretty rapidly afterwards only a couple of years of really being competitive. Trading Dunning will close the window earlier. We've seen him against MLB pitching and he looked good. Kopech will have 2 1/2 off so who knows what he will look like. Crochet is a total unknown. Kelley is a 19 year old kid and is at best 3 years away. I'd trade Kopech for Lynn but I wouldn't go much further with the pitching.

So if you're satisfied with a single World series and a rapid drop off, that's fine. I've seen that already after 2005. I'm looking for a 5-7 year window of really good competitive baseball. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1