Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I thought about Eovaldi before as a salary dump, but the problem is he’d more or less be your rotation addition for the next couple years and I don’t have enough confidence in him.

As I thought more about my own question, I don't want him anymore either. The length of commitment with uncertainty is a consideration, and I also don't want to be responsible for letting the Red Sox off the hook on this contract and giving them payroll flexibility.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, smellysox said:

It just depends on the return. Vaughn, Dunning, Kopech.  really talented veteran players traded away for the best prospects in the game. Which led to 3-4 yrs of terrible basebal that led to high draft picks. Alot of pain and time went in to acquire these prospects To just trade away for a rental? Or veteran with a couple of years of control? Most of the time these trades don't work out big picture wise. And you very easily affect your competing years down the road.

All three teams we traded won world series' within the window of those trades. The Cubs won in 2016, and reached the NLCS in 2017. Those teams gave up a ton of talent, but won the big prize. That being said, those teams also spend a lot of money and can overcome trading away talent. Will we get to the point where we spend big money to replace a stud that was traded? 

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’m all about it as long as its not someone huge. The most id give up is Dunning and i really really am conflicted about including him for Lynn. I think he’s gonna be a stud

Fully agree.  I could live with losing Dunning for Lynn, but I definitely would hate to see him go.

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’m all about it as long as its not someone huge. The most id give up is Dunning and i really really am conflicted about including him for Lynn. I think he’s gonna be a stud

I'd go kopech before Dunning. But I've always been a Dunning fan. Better control and mix of pitches

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Not unusual for the Sox to not announce a starter that's not on the active roster, but it doesn't mean Dunning couldn't be traded for Lance Lynn today either. 

I really don't want to part with Dunning, very likable guy who fits with opening we have for the next 5 years. 

• Like 1