Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we're mapping out our near-term rotation plans, here's how I have things shaking out assuming the addition of Lynn and based on a theoretical acquisition cost of Lopez, Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo.

image.png

This is great work and how can you not be excited about pitching moving forward? If Dunning goes instead of Stiever...Stievers younger and many think could be as good.  The Dunning-Mize pitch off seemed like a showcase.   If you were Rangers and could show your fans the Dunning game plus Collins plus Lopez I think they would be happy. I do like throwing in Elijiah Tatis to make Soxtalk lose their minds.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

I really don't want to part with Dunning, very likable guy who fits with opening we have for the next 5 years. 

You gotta give to get, and Lynn is under contract next season. If they were only trading for a chance to win in this asterisk season, I'd definitely be against it.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

You gotta give to get, and Lynn is under contract next season. If they were only trading for a chance to win in this asterisk season, I'd definitely be against it.

The issue I take with trading dunning is we are set up to be contenders for the next 5-7 years at a minimum. Shipping him off for a year and a month of Lynn who is long in the tooth to begin with could be bad for the long term outlook if another starter doesn’t develop in the farm

36 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Red Sox reportedly willing to take on salary to move players like JDM and Eovaldi. Eovaldi is owed $17M in 2021 and 2022. He's dealing with a calf issue right now, but anyone see possible interest there?

Hurt a lot. Hasn't lived up to big contract he signed. Don't see him as an upgrade. I'd pass.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, I absolutely love Dunning, but Kopech has a best starter in baseball type ceiling if he further develops his changeup.

I can see him as a top starter but can also see him as a soap opera with reliever risk. Ideally, we can nab Lynn w/o giving up Dunning or Kopech. Maybe something like Lopez, Collins, Steiver and Pilkington.

48 minutes ago, flavum said:

lol @ arterisk season, this isn't an Astros championship. In 5 years no one will remember just like '81 was a strike shortened season. Does that dodger WS have an asterisk? in any fans mind?