Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Cough, cough, cough...smoky in here...

Lynn>Bundy>Ray

Morosi is the worst. If the White Sox are looking for pitching of course they have asked about every available guy, and those are the 3 most mentioned. I read the Athletic and one of their guys claimed the price for Bundy could be Cease. That has got to be laughable. I wonder if the Cubs would take a prospect ranked around 15 for Q. Probably not, but if they are bleeding as much cash as they claim, the Sox should probably ask.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Morosi is the worst. If the White Sox are looking for pitching of course they have asked about every available guy, and those are the 3 most mentioned. I read the Athletic and one of their guys claimed the price for Bundy could be Cease. That has got to be laughable. I wonder if the Cubs would take a prospect ranked around 15 for Q. Probably not, but if they are bleeding as much cash as they claim, the Sox should probably ask.

I want nothing to do with Bundy. To the idea of trading for him, I say no ma’am

Just now, Tony said:

If the Q trade wasn’t still such a topic of conversation in this city, I could see the Sox trying to get him back from the Cubs. But I don’t think the Cubs would like the optics of the Sox getting him back for pennies on the dollar. 

Chatwood is also one more bad start away from getting sent to the pen

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Morosi throw everything at the wall, that’s for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

People saying Bundy and Lynn aren’t the answer have paid no attention to what’s made them great recently. 

I prefer Lynn, however, because he’s a workhorse. 

No I have. Honestly I'd rather Bundy than Lynn, if they're going to trade for someone there. He's still young enough that he could get some of his fastball back and he has elite spin on it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

I would like getting lynn or bundy as long none of kopech, madrigal, Vaughn, stiever, crochet and Kelley are traded. 

You don't want to sacrifice the future but one year or the window has value too and if you give up a 40+ or two that is worth it because many of those will end up getting rule 5ed later anyway.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why is Lynn not the answer?

Lynn could be great, but he is going to cost a ton in prospect capital. Plus you would have to expect some regression this season. He has had a real nice career, but nothing like the start to this season. So maybe he has a 4,50 ERA the rest of this season. Granted, you have him another season at a very reasonable rate, but he will be 34 and doesn’t exactly take much care of himself. I think the price will be too high. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because just like Bundy I don't think he's actually this good. 

Why do you think that?  This is the fWAR leaderboard for 2019 & 2020 combined.  Lynn is second overall and there is not a single guy on that list that isn’t considered a high end starting pitcher.  When do you start believing that his development of a cutter and him embracing analytics might mean he’s legit now?

82b9ce6e-fd2c-462d-b353-1cc8ab1031d8

9480e7b2-4cfa-495d-8abd-6c1e9461e25d

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you think that?  This is the fWAR leaderboard for 2019 & 2020 combined.  Lynn is second overall and there is not a single guy on that list that isn’t considered a high end starting pitcher.  When do you start believing that his development of a cutter and him embracing analytics might mean he’s legit now?

82b9ce6e-fd2c-462d-b353-1cc8ab1031d8

9480e7b2-4cfa-495d-8abd-6c1e9461e25d

Never. He's 33 and you can't count on it continuing. He'd have to be valued as a pure rental. 

I'd be more willing to buy Bundy at age 27. 

I'm not willing to acquire Lynn for anything more than scraps. Anything decent is a massive overpayment. 

Edited by Jack Parkman