Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No I have. Honestly I'd rather Bundy than Lynn, if they're going to trade for someone there. He's still young enough that he could get some of his fastball back and he has elite spin on it. 

His fastball isn’t the answer. In fact, not depending on it is the answer. He has three other elite pitches, and when he leads with those he’s very good. 

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

His fastball isn’t the answer. In fact, not depending on it is the answer. He has three other elite pitches, and when he leads with those he’s very good. 

Yep, his other pitches are really good. I was speaking to those that were concerned about him throwing 90-91. 

I've watched a bunch of Bundy's starts and he still gets ks on the fastball. The slider is elite. One of the few RHP with both a good curve and slider. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Lynn could be great, but he is going to cost a ton in prospect capital. Plus you would have to expect some regression this season. He has had a real nice career, but nothing like the start to this season. So maybe he has a 4,50 ERA the rest of this season. Granted, you have him another season at a very reasonable rate, but he will be 34 and doesn’t exactly take much care of himself. I think the price will be too high. 

Lynn put up a 7 win season last year and was 5th in AL Cy Young voting.  Sure, his ERA is likely to regress some, but the peripherals are strong and we’d be adding him for his potential post season impact.  I agree we need to be cautious on price, but as I mentioned Ken Rosenthal is not sure teams will be lining up to trade away top 100 prospects.  If we can add him at a fair price, he’s without question the guy we should be targeting.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Woodruff and Hader would be insane and make Sox immediate favorites in the AL. Kiss every prospect good bye though. Dunning and Vaughn definitely gone and Stiever, Collins and one more major piece would go. If you can somehow keep Kopech and pull that off...the next four years are insane. 

That's not realistic and clickbait. 

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Woodruff and Hader would be insane and make Sox immediate favorites in the AL. Kiss every prospect good bye though. Dunning and Vaughn definitely gone and Stiever, Collins and one more major piece would go. If you can somehow keep Kopech and pull that off...the next four years are insane. 

Vaughn just feels like...such a misstep.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's not realistic and clickbait. 

Yeah. I agree. I never even thought about targeting the brewer's though. That is one of those rare moves you actually do gut the farm because you basically only need a RF and the team is set otherwise. Very interesting Weekend ahead

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lynn put up a 7 win season last year and was 5th in AL Cy Young voting.  Sure, his ERA is likely to regress some, but the peripherals are strong and we’d be adding him for his potential post season impact.  I agree we need to be cautious on price, but as I mentioned Ken Rosenthal is not sure teams will be lining up to trade away top 100 prospects.  If we can add him at a fair price, he’s without question the guy we should be targeting.

Actually his peripherals this year are some of the worst in his career. They still aren’t horrid, and he has been a lot better pitcher for quite a while than most probably realize. For a fair price, I agree, bring him on. But if they are going to have to send 3 or 4 of these guys that we have been watching horrible baseball for years to give them time to develop , it just isn’t worth it. Woodruff and Hader would be nice.Of the guys mentioned as available, I agree, Lynn would be my first choice, but the price is the problem. Maybe it gets to Monday afternoon and Texas says we have to dump him. They might get a little freaked. They held on to Mike Minor and got burned.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

He's threw this out there before too. It could've been true at the time, but other players have opted out mid season while nothing came of this. 

That second take isn’t exactly going out on a limb

I feel like any move you make now is either for playoff positioning or playoff performance. So either go big or do nothing at all. I don't know if I'd classify Lynn as going big, especially if we're gonna give up top prospects. 

I'd give up the farm for Woodruff and Hader, as long as it's somewhat reasonable. That'd make us legit WS contenders. 

Edited by chw42

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Vaughn just feels like...such a misstep.

Vaughn is going to perfect for the Sox because unlike most of the others, he actually makes you throw him a strike. Scouts say he is Paul Konerko only better. I don’t see much chance he busts if he doesn’t get hurt. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Vaughn is going to perfect for the Sox because unlike most of the others, he actually makes you throw him a strike. Scouts say he is Paul Konerko only better. I don’t see much chance he busts if he doesn’t get hurt. 

Vaughn is the perfect compliment to what this offense currently is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vaughn is the perfect compliment to what this offense currently is.

It is so exciting to think that with how great our offense is currently, we still have such a great hitter waiting in the wings in Schaumburg!!

• Like 1