Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Considering Abreu is signed for 2 years after this one and will probably re-up again and stay here for his career, maybe Sox feel he'll be like Konerko and just stay at 1B then... probably the only thing that makes sense in trading Vaughn.

been saying this, Vaughn will be traded.  Only way I see him sticking around is if he can play the OF

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Woodruff and Hader, huh? 

That's interesting. That might be worth doing. I don't understand the contract breakdown for hader/woodruff, but if we have hader for 2 more years or so and have woodruff long term i'd definitely be on that. 

yeah if I'm Hahn I do this trade as long as those guys aren't FA in a year or some shit

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Woodruff and Hader, huh? 

That's interesting. That might be worth doing. I don't understand the contract breakdown for hader/woodruff, but if we have hader for 2 more years or so and have woodruff long term i'd definitely be on that. 

It’s not a legitimate rumor so I wouldn’t really waste time entertaining it.

7 hours ago, Flash said:

I'm expecting a nothing burger at deadline, which might be okay. Too many teams still believe they have a chance, so few sellers and not many obvious fits. I'd make a run at Lynn and dangle Kopech (I'm less sanguine about Kopech than most here) and also try to improve RF situation but both areas might be better addressed in offseason.

A nothing burger is exactly what I want. We have a great team that might be good for a long long time. We also know Sox aren’t going to reinforce this club with massive free agents so let’s make sure we have second waves of talent who can help over time while also extending the window. 

Big market team - fine swing away for the big one, you can always buy a free agent to make up for what you messed up on. Sox don’t have that luxury - make sure you keep the big chips and lets actually have a ten year run with like seven or eight division titles and hopefully one or two World Series championships. 

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

A nothing burger is exactly what I want. We have a great team that might be good for a long long time. We also know Sox aren’t going to reinforce this club with massive free agents so let’s make sure we have second waves of talent who can help over time while also extending the window. 

Big market team - fine swing away for the big one, you can always buy a free agent to make up for what you messed up on. Sox don’t have that luxury - make sure you keep the big chips and lets actually have a ten year run with like seven or eight division titles and hopefully one or two World Series championships. 

10 year run? This right here folks is a good example of what not to do. Ontop of that you know very well that it's exactly what Rick Hahn doesn't want to do. It;s hard enough to make the playoffs let alone 1 World Series win. And your talking about a 10 year run like it's 7-10 year run like it's a guarantee if we do nothing. 

Edited by Baron

1 minute ago, Flash said:

There is zero chance Milwaukee trades 2 all-star pitchers for a package of prospects.

Yup, I know. a good rule of thumb is that if it’s a deal I’d say yes to involving any of our decent prospects, the other team shouldn’t do it. I won’t stay no to a steal, but it’s not the season for a fair trade for us.

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Agreed. In this environment with owners planning to rein in spending (whether it be due to true "losses" or simply using covid as a pretext to cut payroll), cost controlled high end young talent is gold. Hahn should be very hesitant to destroy what he has spent a lot of time meticulously building. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Agreed. In this environment with owners planning to rein in spending (whether it be due to true "losses" or simply using covid as a pretext to cut payroll), cost controlled high end young talent is gold. Hahn should be very hesitant to destroy what he has spent a lot of time meticulously building. 

Is trading for Lance Lynn going to destroy this entire build? 

I seriously don't get it. Trading for any of the realistic options on here is not going to destroy anything that's being built. In reality people just don't want to trade prospects. 

Edited by Baron

I know that you cannot trade draft picks yet in baseball, but how about a gentlemen's agreement for the player to be named later...we will trade you our 3rd round pick in 2023 but we need to make the pick first....2023...."what do you mean you don't want him?  He will be a serviceable middle reliever if he develops another pitch and reaches his ceiling."